Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic cable retreading movies

Has anybody else who gets basic cable noticed that the major film channels have been running Godfather, Godfather II & one of the Jurassic Pk. films every weekend for the past coupla months?

I know the writers' strike was over in February a yr ago & it will take a yr to 18 mos. for new productions to make it into the cable programming, but this is ridiculous.

In my city Comcast has a monopoly & they've been subtracting channels from the cable pkgs. for the last 3-4 yrs, really pissed me off when the NFL Network began exclusively broadcasting NFL games b/c I knew it was trouble coming -- Comcast deleted it from their cable pkgs. & put it in a special sports pkg. for $5/month extra, they're just cable pirates!!

Living here in CA we get the 49ers or Raiders games every NFL Sunday, you know what those teams are like? I'm a Cowboys fan & have to go to a sports bar to get their games almost any weekend, except Thanxgiving of course, I may as well not have cable. But I would need a 200-ft. antenna to get reception in these mtns.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Has anybody else who gets basic cable noticed that the major film channels have been running Godfather, Godfather II & one of the Jurassic Pk. films every weekend for the past coupla months?
      pshhhhhhhh check yourself. You can never have enough Godfather. There should be a channel devoted to playing JUST The Godfather and I'd tune in often.

Comment

• I need to be recommended some funny shows.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
          I need to be recommended some funny shows.
          Well I am going to assume you are not an idiot and you watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but if you are an idiot and do not watch it..well watch it and commence with laughing!

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
            Oh such a good show.
            Tonight's episode was freakin amazing! What a way to come back.

Gonzo, it's been 19 months since they last aired a new episode. They are coming back with their longest run yet with 22 straight episodes.

^A Bonekrusher production^
            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I finally got around to watching Mad Men again. I was two episodes in and not really a fan. I am now enjoying the hell out of it after episode 4. I need to go back at some point and re-watch the first two.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                This is about House:
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                  Tonight's episode was freakin amazing! What a way to come back.

Gonzo, it's been 19 months since they last aired a new episode. They are coming back with their longest run yet with 22 straight episodes.
                  I agree. Awesome episode. I was very happy to hear way back when it was announced this would be the longest season yet. Judging by this first episode it will be a great one.

Comment

• I just watched the first few episodes of Bully Beatdown aaaaaand I think its going to be the first MTV show I watch since the West Coast Customs era of Pimp My Ride.

Unrepentant douchebags getting their ***es kicked is quality TV IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                      I just watched the first few episodes of Bully Beatdown aaaaaand I think its going to be the first MTV show I watch since the West Coast Customs era of Pimp My Ride.
                      full nitro circus is the best show mtv has put on since the original season of jackass. the got the perfect guy for the show and while i've only seen one episode it was awesome, nothing better than flipping tricycles or taking a motorcycle of the grand canyon.

Comment

• I just finished up the second last episode of The Shield. Watching Claudette cry after she goes to were Vic is signing papers with the feds just before the big drug best was one of the greatest moments of television ever. I hated her character so much and to see everything she worked for go to **** was ******* awesome. Really all of the last twenty minutes of that episode were perfect. I can't recommend the show enough, it is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                          This is about House:

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                            I agree. Awesome episode. I was very happy to hear way back when it was announced this would be the longest season yet. Judging by this first episode it will be a great one.
                            I still can't get over how funny yet depressing the first epi was. Brilliant, IMO.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                              I still can't get over how funny yet depressing the first epi was. Brilliant, IMO.
                              Rescue Me has always been able to balance being hilarious and depressing perfectly. I think that is why I love the show so much. The whole drunk driver at the end of season 2 moment remains one of my all time favorite television moments. I thought it was brilliant. I also loved what they did with the whole drunk driver story ark.

Comment

• Ha, Elliot hates gingers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information