Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
    I think everyone is given a pass to watch two or three shows that the general consensus dislikes.

Except for shows like Two and a Half Men or Jersey Shore. Simply because they're abominations.
    Blue Mountain State is much worse.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
      You hate Dexter, Breaking Bad, Community, Chuck, House (sometimes lols), Shameless, Friday Night Lights, 30 Rock and the amazing programming on USA?

What TV shows do you like?
      Highlighted I dislike. I love Breaking bad tho, and used to watch Friday night lights until season 3.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Friday Night Lights is really amazing. It's weird, but they're releasing the last season on DVD BEFORE it premieres on NBC for those of us without DirecTV.. so I might just pick it up and watch it all at once instead of waiting.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I can use Dexter to bash Dexter
          Only if you bash the finale of last season. Looked like the writers were ready to fold their tent on Dexter as a aseries.

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Seasons 2 and 3 of Californication are nothing short of spectacular, especially if you are a fan of literature and appreciate the little nuances of the show. Callum Keith Rennie as Lew Ashby is magnificent.
          More of this....... big kudos to APS for his evaluation. Love the rock lyrics & pop cultural allusions throughout....

3 episodes into season 4 now & I think my initial impression of Natasha McElhone as a bad actress was dead right, her character is just awful too. The girl playing his daughter isn't much either, Duchovny has to carry the whole storyline himself now.

And it's getting pretty lame too -- I'm having trouble believing that she would stay mad at his statutory rape of a teen **** who seduced him 2-3-4 yrs before, then stole his novel. He would've been justified in painting himself as the victim there, but for the PR spin on the book's re-release to exploit his womanizer status.... even a fanbase public of consumers won't buy into that Hollywoodized hype past a certain point. I know he's supposed to be in love w/ her & they have a kid together but but 98% of men would have kicked her to the curb & said go back to NYC by now. Point of diminishing returns & all.....

Comment

• Killing off Doakes = huge mistake.
            Killing off Rita = biggest mistake

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

• Having no balls= biggestest mistake.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Having no balls= biggestest mistake.
                Do you think Dexter should have just told everyone he knew that he was a serial killer? What do you mean by no balls?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                  Do you think Dexter should have just told everyone he knew that he was a serial killer? What do you mean by no balls?
                  They're not showing dudes in tights so that we know they possess testicles, whether or not they've been destroyed by years of steroids.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    They're not showing dudes in tights so that we know they possess testicles, whether or not they've been destroyed by years of steroids.
                    Right right, wrestlers wear tights. That's a new one for me.

Dexter just doesn't change the format, and has gotten really tiring. Plus, when they had a chance to actually do something in Season 2, they took the easy way out and have pretended it never happened since.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Right right, wrestlers wear tights. That's a new one for me.

Dexter just doesn't change the format, and has gotten really tiring. Plus, when they had a chance to actually do something in Season 2, they took the easy way out and have pretended it never happened since.
                      I agree that they ended the BHB case suddenly, but I don't think there was any way they could have traced it back to Dexter. Anyone who knew of the Dexter-Doakes conflict was dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                        I agree that they ended the BHB case suddenly, but I don't think there was any way they could have traced it back to Dexter. Anyone who knew of the Dexter-Doakes conflict was dead.
                        I don't know what Brodeur wants... They wrapped it up pretty well. People finding out who he is essentially ends the show. I don't know about you, but I'd rather keep watching Dexter and for it to not end just yet.

Brodeur also doesn't get that the show isn't about Dexter being a sneaky serial killer and almost getting caught frequently. That's added suspense. The show is about the character himself. The show does its best to wrap up things surrounding the character, but the main point is creating stories that develop the character and they've done a great job with that. The character, Dexter, is a much different person than when the show first started. The show is about that evolution.

Comment

• Finished season 2 of Breaking Bad

Comment

• I love Dexter, it's probably my favorite show, but there becomes a time when suspense just gets lame.

Doakes found out and the show didn't end, but Deb finding out would end it? Come on.

They could do a lot more with what they have to work with than they are, but I still love the show.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                              I love Dexter, it's probably my favorite show, but there becomes a time when suspense just gets lame.

Doakes found out and the show didn't end, but Deb finding out would end it? Come on.

They could do a lot more with what they have to work with than they are, but I still love the show.
                              Well it would be a lot more complicated because Dexter wouldn't kill Deb.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                Well it would be a lot more complicated because Dexter wouldn't kill Deb.
                                Pffft, I wouldn't rule anything out. It would be awesome if he did kill her.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information