Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
    Eh, I just googled her. I forgot. She still looks old to me though. I'll take it back, but her character was still annoying as all get out.
    Rita got progressively hotter every season. By season 4 she looked incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      That's ********. Dexter is a cop-out show that can't handle complicated storylines, which is why they have a new Serial Killer every season that is supposed to teach Dexter these lessons to learn from. The biggest decision he had was to turn himself in, frame Doakes or kill Doakes, and they went for the biggest ******* cop-out possible so he didn't have to do any of that.

And what I'm referring to in not mentioning BHB is that SEVERAL people have seen Dexter in compromising positions, and not one has connected him to being the BHB. Hell, no one has even said BHB one ******* time since the season 2 finale. As far as Deb finding out, why the hell not? Why not actually change up the format (outside of the fact that the writers aren't good enough to do it)?
      I forgive you for like wrestling after this post.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Yeah...Shes gross.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          That's ********. Dexter is a cop-out show that can't handle complicated storylines, which is why they have a new Serial Killer every season that is supposed to teach Dexter these lessons to learn from. The biggest decision he had was to turn himself in, frame Doakes or kill Doakes, and they went for the biggest ******* cop-out possible so he didn't have to do any of that.

And what I'm referring to in not mentioning BHB is that SEVERAL people have seen Dexter in compromising positions, and not one has connected him to being the BHB. Hell, no one has even said BHB one ******* time since the season 2 finale. As far as Deb finding out, why the hell not? Why not actually change up the format (outside of the fact that the writers aren't good enough to do it)?
          I still very much enjoy the show though I don't disagree with anything said here. IMO, the problems arise in the writers indecision in the direction to develop Dexter's character. They're stuck between a) Dexter changes, becomes connected to other people and loses his desire to kill or b) Dexter will never change and will always be a disconnected killer. The thing is, both options are very limited in how far they can take it. With A, the action and drama of the show is centered around the fact that he's a serial killer and once that's gone, the drama is gone. With B, it becomes very repetitive and doesn't allow for character development. They're stuck in a rut between the two and are afraid to make a strong move either way and change the dynamic of the show, quite simply, because they still don't know what that dynamic should be. The concept of the show was limited in the first place. With a 6th season coming, it makes me realize that Dexter probably had two seasons too many.

Comment

• I agree with Brodeur 10000%, but I still love the show.

And yeah, Julie Benz is ridiculously hot. Just insane. She was kinda meh in the first season, but she got hotter each year, and now she's on No Ordinary Family.. mmmmmmm.

Also, I think I'm going to rewatch Veronica Mars. One of my favorite shows of all time.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Veronica Mars is the ****. I rewatched it in the summer and it was just as awesome as ever. Except Duncan still sucks. And so does that radio guy in the third season.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Just started watching Community and I'm kicking myself for taking so long.

worker bees can leave
                even drones can fly away
                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• I'm sure I'm going to feel the same way when I get around to Modern Family, based on everything I've heard.

Luckily I'm already down with Community, for it is the tits.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                    I love Dexter, it's probably my favorite show, but there becomes a time when suspense just gets lame.

Doakes found out and the show didn't end, but Deb finding out would end it? Come on.

They could do a lot more with what they have to work with than they are, but I still love the show.
                    No one believed Doakes prior to him really finding out (at which point, he was imprisoned by Dexter), which was the driving force behind making him awesome.

Deb finding out would be the end of the show.

Lila not interfering (the "cop-out") would have resulted in the end of the show.

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm not ready for there to be no more seasons of Dexter.

Every serial killer is a metaphor. The show operates on a deeper level than just the events that take place.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                      I'm sure I'm going to feel the same way when I get around to Modern Family, based on everything I've heard.

You haven't seen Modern Family yet? Phil Dunphy is one of my favorite TV characters of all-time.

Comment

• Deb finding out would not end the show, you're wrong. Maybe Doakes not ending up how he did would have, but it isn't the same for Deb.

The writers HAVE to be more creative next season or there is no reason to keep the show on the air anymore, and this is coming from someone who LOVES the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                          The writers HAVE to be more creative next season or there is no reason to keep the show on the air anymore, and this is coming from someone who LOVES the show.
                          That's not true. People not watching would be a reason for them to take the show off air.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            That's not true. People not watching would be a reason for them to take the show off air.
                            I didn't say it was the ONLY reason to take it off the air!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              I'm sure I'm going to feel the same way when I get around to Modern Family, based on everything I've heard.

I haven't seen Modern Family yet either :( however that will soon change. I've just been adding a ton of shows to my sidereel for future viewings.

worker bees can leave
                              even drones can fly away
                              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Anyone been watching Lights Out? Thoughts?

worker bees can leave
                                even drones can fly away
                                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information