No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spartacus prequel episodes get posted to Netflix right away. Tits and gore...

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
      The Spartacus prequel episodes get posted to Netflix right away. Tits and gore...
      Yes they do indeed, I watched all of blood and sand and all of the 3 episodes so far of gods of the arena on my 1 month free trial.

Awesome show.

Comment

• I watched Spartacus Blood and Sand last year and Gods of the Arena has been just as good. I love how the Blood and Sand pilot clearly had a much lower budget than the rest of the show haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
          Yes they do indeed, I watched all of blood and sand and all of the 3 episodes so far of gods of the arena on my 1 month free trial.

Awesome show.
          Same here. I watched the entire series this week. I love how hacky the CGI is, yet somehow that makes the show that much better. I'm going to miss Andy Whitfield, though.

Comment

• Honestly, I like Gods of the Arena better than Blood and Sand so far. It's a fresher story line. Blood and Sand was pretty cliche.

Comment

• Gods of the Arena commentary-- spoiler alerts apply

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post

Awesome show.
              They're included in On Demand as well a wk. after originally broadcast but for subscription only.

Last night's ep was a real hoot....

Mandatory lines for Hannah (Quintus Batiatus):
              • "the House of Batiatus!!" (exhortation, 4-5 times/ep)
              • "... the Primus!! (2-3 times/ep. also exhorted, cut to Lucy Lawless closeup as she gets wet & bothered)
              • "(my) **** & ass!!" + other sexual metaphors
              • "the gods' will!"

also mandatory per episode:
              • scenes of arena crowd copulating, brawling, blood spraying, etc
              • A momento mori, dying line from wounded warrior, AKA Gladiatorial salute, like "Gannicus taught you well..." (dies)
              • 2-3 slo-mo scenes of a red liquid (wine or blood) spraying like a Frank Miller comic panel
              • Naked slaves exhibition
              • A Scottish actor can't disguise his burr accent enough & I LOL (Dustin Clare/Gannicus or John Hannah/Quintus Batiatus)
              • A Batiatus backstabs someone (literally or figuratively), or Lucretia poisons someone like her namesake Lucretia Borgia (I think she's slowly poisoning her father in law w/ honeyed wine)
              • Foil characters & hated combat foes become friends or allies within th ironic Brotherhood (Crixus & Spartacus)
              • A pale British or Australian actress displays full frontal nudity (Jamie Murray did last night, or Lawless) & I applaud
              • Barca passionate kissing w/ another man & simulated *** sex
              • Doctore slo-mo whip crack
              • A lanista works the crowds up in WWF promoter style : "In this corner, the champion of Capua, the baddest badass of all..."

I think they're emulating Shakespeare's Julius Caesar in their dialog interchanges, use of British actors helps that, great look & feel for depraved ancient Rome setting.

It's kind of formulaic, but it works! Got to love the whole over the top approach in the series though.

BTW another Australian actor, Liam McIntyre, is in the mix to replace Whitfield in Season 2 in the title role. I hope Whitfield makes a full recovery from his cancer, he is slated to make a brief appearance in he prequel.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=73334

I can predict from the prequel development that b/c Gannicus is absent from the main series he will get offed by Crixus who's the up & coming champ.
              Last edited by LizardState; 02-05-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Andy Whitfield will make an appearance in this season, supposedly. Point is, he's back to health and should be in season 3.

Comment

• Jupiter's ****!

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                    Jupiter's ****!
                    I actually started using that when I cuss to myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      Andy Whitfield will make an appearance in this season, supposedly. Point is, he's back to health and should be in season 3.
                      I think your wrong, I read the cancer is back and he is no longer in for the blood and sand season 2...

Also, he is scheduled to make an appearance in Gods of the Arena... but I don't see how they could tie that in... cause in the current time frame right he would just be chillin with thracians lol.

We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                        I think your wrong, I read the cancer is back and he is no longer in for the blood and sand season 2...

Also, he is scheduled to make an appearance in Gods of the Arena... but I don't see how they could tie that in... cause in the current time frame right he would just be chillin with thracians lol.

We'll see.
                        http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...partacus-.html

My information was old. That was posted on the 17th. He's officially out as Spartacus. As for the character being in this season: this is a flashback, the last episode will undoubtedly be the end of the flashback and resume where it left off.

Comment

• Yay, Top Shot is back.

Comment

• Started watching season one of Angel so far so good, I have seen bits and pieces of this show before (Buffy fan) but this is the first time I have planned to watch the whole thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                              Started watching season one of Angel so far so good, I have seen bits and pieces of this show before (Buffy fan) but this is the first time I have planned to watch the whole thing.
                              Season one is really lame until Faith appears, and the show never stops being awesome after that.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Half Measures > Full Measure

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information