Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    I just finished up the second last episode of The Shield. Watching Claudette cry after she goes to were Vic is signing papers with the feds just before the big drug best was one of the greatest moments of television ever. I hated her character so much and to see everything she worked for go to **** was ******* awesome. Really all of the last twenty minutes of that episode were perfect. I can't recommend the show enough, it is amazing.

    It makes me sad to know that it's gone. Such an amazing show. You must post when finished.

    Comment


    • Parks and Recreation was meh.

      by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

      Comment


      • Chuck was on the top of Yahoo's list of tv shows in trouble. And now I am sad.

        Comment


        • Southland was pretty damn good.

          Thanks eaglez.fan

          Comment


          • Has anyone watched Better off Ted? I didn't think the first episode was funny, but it amused me this week.

            Sig by Hitman D.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              Chuck was on the top of Yahoo's list of tv shows in trouble. And now I am sad.
              Because of ratings I'm assuming? That's really weird. I thought it was doing well. It's probably my favorite show on TV.

              Where did you find that list?

              edit: Found a list they (yahoo) made but Chuck wasn't on it. Weird.
              Last edited by vidae; 04-10-2009, 12:25 AM.

              Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

              Comment


              • Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                Because of ratings I'm assuming? That's really weird. I thought it was doing well. It's probably my favorite show on TV.

                Where did you find that list?

                edit: Found a list they (yahoo) made but Chuck wasn't on it. Weird.
                http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/the-10-show...might-not--228

                On their front page.

                Comment


                • I must be blind. Good find.

                  I'm actually a pretty big fan of Life too, so I hope both return.

                  edit: They didn't say why, weird.
                  Last edited by vidae; 04-10-2009, 12:48 AM.

                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                  Comment


                  • If Chuck goes from NBC, then so do I.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • Ya its been rumored Chuck is going to get canceled for awhile now. I also heard some rumblings that it might get picked up by Sci-Fi.

                      I like Chuck, but I REALLY want to see Adam Baldwin reunited with Joss Whedon and join the Dollhouse cast. There are plenty of roles they could use him for in that series. His acting is a perfect mesh with Whedon's writing.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                        Ya its been rumored Chuck is going to get canceled for awhile now. I also heard some rumblings that it might get picked up by Sci-Fi.

                        I like Chuck, but I REALLY want to see Adam Baldwin reunited with Joss Whedon and join the Dollhouse cast. There are plenty of roles they could use him for in that series. His acting is a perfect mesh with Whedon's writing.
                        Baldwin is PERFECT where he is now. No one could play Casey as well as he does.

                        Regardless, I hope Chuck isn't canceled. It's one of the only shows I actively watch rather than dvr'ing or catching it online.

                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                          Ya its been rumored Chuck is going to get canceled for awhile now. I also heard some rumblings that it might get picked up by Sci-Fi.

                          I like Chuck, but I REALLY want to see Adam Baldwin reunited with Joss Whedon and join the Dollhouse cast.
                          I have some bad news for you. Dollhouse is on that list too.

                          Comment


                          • Three days later and I still find myself thinking about the last Rescue Me episode. Pure excellence and Ive got to be honest, I didn't even like Dennis Leary before this show aired. Always felt he was a Bill Hicks wannabe but he is REALLY great in this show.

                            ^A Bonekrusher production^
                            #15
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              I have some bad news for you. Dollhouse is on that list too.
                              Dollhouse has had a large increase in ratings the last 3 weeks. Its doing well in the death slot, something that hasn't had a successful show since the X-Files. That Yahoo list didn't mention the ratings at all, simply saying that they were still iffy on its quality. I think a 2nd season will be the make or break for the show.

                              On a non-cancellation note about Dollhouse, this is when the show is suppose to get good. A lot of the actors have made mention of this. Fox basically forced Whedon to make the first 5 or so episodes stand alones that followed their cookie cutter philosophy. The last couple of weeks you've seen a lot more Joss in the dialogue and the episodes are starting to follow one another. Tahmoh Penikett said the same thing, that around episode 5-6 is when the show really comes into its own and the real story begins.

                              Comment


                              • Great episode of Dollhouse tonight. Won't give anything away, but it's really starting to get good.

                                Also, anyone catch Southland? I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. I wasn't a big fan of ER though so at least there is something decent to watch Thursday night.

                                Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information