No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, as someone who has watched every episode of Californication so far, if you want to start watching it, just start at season 4. Everything you need to know is in the "previously on Californication" right at the start of the first episode of season 4.

Comment

• Seasons 1-3 of Californication is great tv. I would definitely not recommend skipping them just because there is a minute and a half recap prior to season four.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
        Seasons 1-3 of Californication is great tv. I would definitely not recommend skipping them just because there is a minute and a half recap prior to season four.
        Yes it is great TV, Hank Moody has become a subculture unto himself as an iconic cable character. He is to the New Millenium what Lord Byron was the Romantic Movement, same lifestyle too......

Justified returned for Season 2 this month like gangbusters (literally), Raylan Givens doesn't get his release from the hometown blues of Harlan Co., KY back to Miami, & we have some of the greatest redneck supporting cast in TV history returning in Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder & Margo Martindale as Mags Bennett. Good times. I noted with interest that the Jim Beam commercial (since when do they advertise hard liquor on TV? after primetime & 10PM I guess) with Willem Dafoe in multiple roles premiered with Season 2. I don't think I've seen a series where the characters are always seen drinking beer of bourbon (well, it IS KY) as much as Justified, it's 2011 now & product placement is of paramount significance.
        Last edited by LizardState; 02-12-2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
          Community is the best comedy on tv right now and it isn't close imo. I like Parks and Rec and Archer a lot, but neither touch Community for me.
          It would be an interesting debate. I'd probably place Archer and Modern Family above Community right now. Community might also be tied with Psych for me. It's still a damn fine show and one of my favorite, though.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• oh shizz, Fringe just got srs.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• IMO Modern Family steps to the plate every week with a quality episode. Community on the other hand has alot of up and down episodes. Community has better peaks than Modern Family (with the exception of one Modern family episode, Fisbo the Clown). It seems however that Community will throw out about 2 super awesome explode in your pants and make babies with the neighbors wife episodes. Like, Paintball episode or Dungeons and Dragons episode.

Comment

• I just watched the paintball episode, pretty hilarious.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                  IMO Modern Family steps to the plate every week with a quality episode. Community on the other hand has alot of up and down episodes. Community has better peaks than Modern Family (with the exception of one Modern family episode, Fisbo the Clown). It seems however that Community will throw out about 2 super awesome explode in your pants and make babies with the neighbors wife episodes. Like, Paintball episode or Dungeons and Dragons episode.
                  While I've only seen a couple episodes of Modern Family (really enjoyed it), I can agree with this. Community definitely has its ups and downs.

And Fringe was pretty good, but I'm a little worried about the direction it might be going. Oh well, I'll just keep re-watching Breaking Bad.

Comment

• Modern Family is fantastic, but Im really enjoying Community as well. Has more laugh out loud moments then Modern Family but isn't quite as clever.
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                      While I've only seen a couple episodes of Modern Family (really enjoyed it), I can agree with this. Community definitely has its ups and downs.

And Fringe was pretty good, but I'm a little worried about the direction it might be going. Oh well, I'll just keep re-watching Breaking Bad.
                      I say this to pretty much every show I try to get into now. Thankfully Justified is back on.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                        I say this to pretty much every show I try to get into now. Thankfully Justified is back on.
                        Is the second half of the first season of Justified worth watching? I watched the first half, and while I appreciated it, it gave me too much of the procedural feeling where Raylan would just go around shooting some random criminal every week. Just wasn't enough to keep me interested I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                          Is the second half of the first season of Justified worth watching? I watched the first half, and while I appreciated it, it gave me too much of the procedural feeling where Raylan would just go around shooting some random criminal every week. Just wasn't enough to keep me interested I guess.
                          Haha yeah I guess that sums it up, but hes such an awesome character I enjoy it. It has an interesting ending. You wont find much more from that of what youve seen I suppose however.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Shirley, don't sue a stripper.

Why?

Because she's a stripper. Life sued her and she lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Anyone here watch Lights Out? I havent caught it yet.

I have been. It's solid. I expect it to get much better once he actually gets into boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                Modern Family is fantastic, but Im really enjoying Community as well. Has more laugh out loud moments then Modern Family but isn't quite as clever.
                                Huh? Community is infinitely more clever than Modern Family. Hell, Modern Family isn't even as good as Cougar Town (which is great in its own right) at this point, and it's getting a bit overrated. I really like it, but it's not in the league of Community/Parks and Rec/Curb Your Enthusiasm/Louie.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information