Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yeah the $10 bets were nice. They just needed to finesse the Ed/Carol thing a lot more and if Michael Ian Black is the best friend guy then yes there should've been more him in it.

    Comment


    • I also liked Warren (Justin Long) and his group of friends. I liked almost every aspect of the show.

      Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

      Comment


      • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        Also, Californication was great tonight. Rob Lowe doing the Brad Pitt impression is money and Carla Gugino looks about as good as a 40 year old woman can.
        Californication was effing great! The previous ep had some great moments too, I thought Duchovny was going to punch out McElhone's new boyfriend in the nightclub after his daughter's gig, maybe that's where that's going eventually. Hank Moody has swung on an LA cop + numerous boyfriends of his former sex buddies, he's one pugnacious mammajamma.

        Right about Gugino, not a fan of the haircut though. Do ya'll get the feeling he's being prosecuted for statutory rape b/c he's a celeb so he can claim he's being persecuted as an example in a CA election yr? That **** worked for Michael Jackson & Robert Blake when they did their felonies.

        Was Lowe doing Brad Pitt, or doing Robert Downey Jr. in Tropical Thunder who was a "Dude doing an impression of a dude doing another dude?" Hard to tell. Lowe is stone deaf in one ear but still does incredible accents in his performances.
        Last edited by LizardState; 02-14-2011, 10:49 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          Californication was effing great! The previous ep had some great moments too, I thought Duchovny was going to punch out McElhone's new boyfriend in the nightclub after his daughter's gig, maybe that's where that's going eventually. Hank Moody has swung on an LA cop + numerous boyfriends of his former sex buddies, he's one pugnacious mammajamma.

          Right about Gugino, not a fan of the haircut though. Do ya'll get the feeling he's being prosecuted for statutory rape b/c he's a celeb so he can claim he's being persecuted as an example in a CA election yr? That **** worked for Michael Jackson & Robert Blake when they did their felonies.

          Was Lowe doing Brad Pitt, or doing Robert Downey Jr. in Tropical Thunder who was a "Dude doing an impression of a dude doing another dude?" Hard to tell. Lowe is stone deaf in one ear but still does incredible accents in his performances.
          Rob Lowe is definitely doing a Brad Pitt. Check out this comparison:

          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

          Comment


          • Rob Lowe is hilarious.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by vidae View Post
              I also liked Warren (Justin Long) and his group of friends. I liked almost every aspect of the show.
              Ah so Michael Ian Black must be the Ed guy. Did you ever watch that other show he was in, Trust Me? It had Will from Will & Grace too. I liked that show a lot and it didn't last. Dude has some bad luck I guess.

              Comment


              • Anyone who is a fan of Michael Ian Black needs to check out Stella as well. It was a short lived comedy sketch show featuring Michael Showalter and David Wain as well and its fantastic. Only 10 episodes, but great.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                Comment


                • God House MD sucks so much dick now. With the exception of NBC comedies I have very little faith in big network programming.


                  http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                    Ah so Michael Ian Black must be the Ed guy. Did you ever watch that other show he was in, Trust Me? It had Will from Will & Grace too. I liked that show a lot and it didn't last. Dude has some bad luck I guess.
                    Michael Ian Black was Phil, the guy who worked at the bowling alley. He was kind of the comic relief.

                    Tom Cavanagh was Ed and I did watch Trust Me but I wasn't a huge fan. He was also in a show called Love Monkey that was on CBS for all of two seconds a few years ago too. I'm a big fan of his.

                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                    Comment


                    • Oh gotcha. MIB also played a homosexual angel in Reaper. Another canceled show that I liked.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        Anyone who is a fan of Michael Ian Black needs to check out Stella as well. It was a short lived comedy sketch show featuring Michael Showalter and David Wain as well and its fantastic. Only 10 episodes, but great.
                        I didn't really care for the show or Michael Ian Black, but there is one skit/episode from Stella that stands out in my mind. When they tried growing vegetables in their apartment, that cracked me up.

                        Sig by Hitman D.

                        Comment


                        • I just started watching Party Down season 1. Really good ****. Can't believe I've missed it all this time.

                          Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                          Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

                          Comment


                          • Party Down is the awesome.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                              God House MD sucks so much dick now. With the exception of NBC comedies I have very little faith in big network programming.
                              I never got the house love, it's the same thing week in and week out. Awesome character around a repeating premise.


                              Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                              Comment


                              • "Ayo, lesson here, Bey. You come at the king, you best not miss."

                                Omar is so badass.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information