Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    Whatever happened to Bored to Death on HBO? Anyone know? It was lyao funny as hell, loved it! They're showing reruns of the 1st season only so it must have been canceled.
    They did a second season of Bored to Death and it was pretty awesome. Not sure if it got renewed for a third though.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
      This was just to get under Brodeur's skin.
      You and Bengals can go bugger off. And Lizard, the first season of Twin Peaks (and the second season until the revelation) got HUGE ratings, so it wasn't that small of a following.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• yes i shitfacedly hated earlier and now i shitfacedly post the awesomeness/sad reality from the wire

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
          They did a second season of Bored to Death and it was pretty awesome. Not sure if it got renewed for a third though.
          You're right, Chucky, & thanx. there is justice & balance in the universe, BtD is cming back for a 3rd season in 2011! happy-happy, joy-joy!!

from wikipedia:

The season two premiere aired September 26, 2010 at 10PM ET.[2] On the 27th of October, HBO announced that Bored to Death would return for a third season in 2011.
          Gotta love George, the scattered, inept stoner. Beginning the Ted Danson for BSA in a Comedy Emmy campaign in 3--2--1......
          Last edited by LizardState; 02-19-2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• am I the only one still watching Fringe? because it's getting awesome.

I love how they always build up to the season finale.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I stopped watching Fringe after Season 1. It was cool and all, but for some reason I just wasn't motivated to keep up with it.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I watched the entire first season of Fringe too and was just meh about it. I liked it but not enough to put it in my usual rotation. I'll probably catch up on it whenever the series ends.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Is Bored to Death the one where the loser self-hating Jewish guy works for Ted Danson?

edit: I am still watching Fringe but I haven't watched the latest ep yet.
                  Last edited by killxswitch; 02-19-2011, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                    Is Bored to Death the one where the loser self-hating Jewish guy works for Ted Danson?

edit: I am still watching Fringe but I haven't watched the latest ep yet.
                    BtD: The loser detective/fiction writer wannabee self-loathing Jewish guy, that's Jason Swartzman who was the protag in Rushmore, it was a sorta-kinda black comedy with Bill Murray, & he's Talia Shire's son. Ted Danson as George is his head-in-the clouds older stoner friend & Zach Giafialnikis is his comic book author & also loser friend. Great supporting cast includes John Hodgman who hates & undermines him & Oliver Platt as a drunk atty. The whole thing is an absurdist comedy in NYC with no laughtrack -- it has lyao moments.

Fringe tanked for me pretty much when Noble missed his Emmy & twas revealed (here in fact) that Anna Torv was Rupert Murdoch's niece by a former marriage. I gave up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      am I the only one still watching Fringe? because it's getting awesome.

I love how they always build up to the season finale.
                      Fringe has become one of the better shows around.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Finished season two of Angel good stuff going to start season 3 soon.

Comment

• I am sad to see FNL go. It was one of the best shows on TV and now it's gone. I can't express into words what FNL was as a tv viewer or fan of football.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            Finished season two of Angel good stuff going to start season 3 soon.
                            Post #5,000!!!!!

Spoiler alert: Angel kind of petered out for me when he has his son Conner, Charisma Carpenter got pregnant & Quinn died of a heroin OD.

Comment

• I have to catch up on Archer and will start watching Fringe from the beginning as soon as it comes in the mail. I love Netflix.
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information