Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    You're so wrong it makes me want to cry a little.

Firefly is some of the best 14 episodes of TV I've ever watched personally. Firefly is like Star Wars except Han Solo is the main character.
    So better?

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

• The thing I loved the most about Firefly was the characters. They were fantastic and you actually cared about the ragtag crew of Serenity. Dollhouse on the other hand, I really didn't care about any of them.
      Last edited by vidae; 02-21-2011, 01:20 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Well Im not going to sit here and harp on The Wars, because come on...Its Star Wars. But Ill tell you one thing, Firefly is about 34223450934953409856309458093485 0938450934850934859034850934850934859 times better then the prequels. Approximately.

It's a great show. Some may not agree with me in here, but I think it's every bit the sci fi spectacle BSG is. Probably not as epic but it has a little more heart.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• currently on my computer....

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            Well Im not going to sit here and harp on The Wars, because come on...Its Star Wars. But Ill tell you one thing, Firefly is about 34223450934953409856309458093485 0938450934850934859034850934850934859 times better then the prequels. Approximately.

It's a great show. Some may not agree with me in here, but I think it's every bit the sci fi spectacle BSG is. Probably not as epic but it has a little more heart.
            Let's face it, Star Wars without Han Solo would just be meh.
            Prequels = No Han = garbage.

Not saying the original would be that bad, but Han is and always will be my favorite character.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
              The thing I love the most about Firefly was the characters. They were fantastic and you actually cared about the ragtag crew of Serenity. Dollhouse on the other hand, I really didn't care about any of them.
              Firefly was absolutely perfectly cast.
              So many unanswered questions for each character.
              Did we ever find out why Inara left the house?
              Or about Book's past?

There were other writings but not in the show. And damn it, I still wanna know what Whedon would have done.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

• Yeah, the casting job on Firefly/Serenity was as close to perfect as you can get. They made that show.

Comment

• I never really cared for Morena Baccarin or Inara in general.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Firefly was great but I think it's a little overhyped. Also Joss Whedon must be really difficult to get along with considering the fate of his shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                      Firefly was great but I think it's a little overhyped. Also Joss Whedon must be really difficult to get along with considering the fate of his shows.
                      Well...it's Fox. They cancel all of the good ones. It's a known fact. Freaks & Geeks, Firefly, Undeclared, Family Guy, The Tick...the list goes on for miles...

Comment

• Freaks and Geeks was NBC, but the rest are true.

Firefly was aired out of order when it was first aired on Fox too. They screwed the pooch on that one.

Comment

• Buffy lasted 7 seasons and Angel 5, just throwing that out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            Buffy lasted 7 seasons and Angel 5, just throwing that out there.
                            Those were WB-type teenager shows with terrible acting, cheesy dialogue, and plot-hole ridden. They weren't good TV shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                              Those were WB-type teenager shows with terrible acting, cheesy dialogue, and plot-hole ridden. They weren't good TV shows.
                              You are the worst person ever and I hate everything you stand for.

Comment

• I'd agree with nepg actually, even at a young age I always felt they were cheesy, just wasn't my taste I guess.

Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information