No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Bad season 3, disc 1 and 2, (Netflix) in the mail and on it's way.
    Awesome.
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      Breaking Bad season 3, disc 1 and 2, (Netflix) in the mail and on it's way.
      Awesome.
      I'm watching S3 again too right now. AMC thankfully has that show to somewhat redeem itself for allowing The Killing to happen.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• AMC has plenty of good shows to do that, the killing was bad but AMC is easily one of the better channels on your basic cable package.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• AMC has this so it wins.

Comment

• AMC's third best show?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
              AMC has plenty of good shows to do that, the killing was bad but AMC is easily one of the better channels on your basic cable package.
              As a huge fan of Breaking Bad and Mad Men, I already know this.

Most people believe The Killing was renewed mainly to save face from having to cancel two shows in a row after just one season (Rubicon).

Further reason to believe this, Rubicon was the far superior show.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                Also Missy Peregrym is super cute, so that helps.
                She's kinda masculine..

Comment

• The problem with AMC and Rubicon is that they didn't give it an extra season. The problem with AMC and The Killing is that they picked it up to begin with.

There were so many ridiculously stupid plotholes this week again: You mean to tell me that Bennetts wife had NO IDEA WHAT STAN LOOKED LIKE? That wasn't lazy, that was borderline ******** writing.

The problem with season 2 of this show is that it won't get better.. AMC kept the same writing staff and creative team so it'll be more of the same. The worst part is, after reading some interviews with Veena Sud (showrunner/lead writer), she doesn't think there is a problem at all. She honestly believes that they're writing an "amazing, genre-shattering" show. She actually thinks they're getting away from procedural cop shows and creating something new and exciting.

The ratings for s2 will tell the real story.

And this won't change how I feel about Mad Men, Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead, but it will sure make me pause before I decide to start another AMC series. It just goes to show that no tv network, cable or otherwise, is infallible. HBO had John from Cincinnati and AMC has The Killing.
                  Last edited by vidae; 06-20-2011, 10:48 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• New season of Louie on FX starts tonight, 10:30 EST.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                      The problem with AMC and Rubicon is that they didn't give it an extra season. The problem with AMC and The Killing is that they picked it up to begin with.

There were so many ridiculously stupid plotholes this week again: You mean to tell me that Bennetts wife had NO IDEA WHAT STAN LOOKED LIKE? That wasn't lazy, that was borderline ******** writing.

The problem with season 2 of this show is that it won't get better.. AMC kept the same writing staff and creative team so it'll be more of the same. The worst part is, after reading some interviews with Veena Sud (showrunner/lead writer), she doesn't think there is a problem at all. She honestly believes that they're writing an "amazing, genre-shattering" show. She actually thinks they're getting away from procedural cop shows and creating something new and exciting.

The ratings for s2 will tell the real story.

And this won't change how I feel about Mad Men, Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead, but it will sure make me pause before I decide to start another AMC series. It just goes to show that no tv network, cable or otherwise, is infallible. HBO had John from Cincinnati and AMC has The Killing.

Veena Sud is completely delusional. Every interview she does makes her look even more colossally ignorant.

Most people think they had to give The Killing a second season so that consecutive new shows didn't fail. Problem is Rubicon started slow and got good, where the Killing started strong promisingly and ended in a total clusterfuck.

Sigh.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• It didn't blow me away, but Wilfred looks entertaining.

"For once in your life be a man and **** in his boot!"

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• imo Burn Notice came back strong and I liked Suits. It wasn't great and it wasn't awful, but for a summer show on USA it wasn't bad.

Did I like the characters? Yes.
                          Was I entertained? Yes.

Bam, goes on my DVR. For summer shows at least!

Comment

• How does Breaking Bad not have it's own thread???

I'm mid season three right now... I'm like a little kid in a candy store. Can't get enough

Oh... and I want to be this guy when I grow up:

Baddest man on television right now.
                            He's tied with the guy in my avy.
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• We actually do have a breaking bad thread and I would be more then happy to talk some breaking bad with no fear of spoilers.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Twin Peaks or Buffy? What do I watch next? I'm askin you Brody.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information