Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
    Understatement. I would argue that it's pretty bad minus the Jim-Dwight scenes.
    I thought season 1 was okay and my wife thought it was terrible.
    Up to date on every season, my wife and I love the show. Just gotta get past that first one.
    At the very least, it lets you get familiar with the characters and the basic fundamental plot of the show
    Not an understatement. Diversity Day and Basketball are classic episodes. Keep in mind the pilot was a shot for shot remake of the British pilot. I don't even count that episode.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• I agree that those two episodes were pretty good but if I just look back at season 1 as a whole, I tend to lean toward "disappointing".
      So to me, being pretty slow is an understatement. It was like watching paint dry at times. Not the entire time but at times.
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Yeah the first season is pretty bad. Michael Scott isn't funny at all to me in the first couple episodes. He is less stupid/clueless and more of just a dick.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Watched the first two Breaking Bad Season 3 discs pretty fast. Now waiting for disc 3.
          In the mean time, I'm streaming "Harper's Island"... a murder mystery mini series.
          Kind of like The Killing (concept wise with no detectives) except you find out who the killer is... I hope

Comment

• Harper's Island is hilariously bad and entertaining. I love the **** out of it for being so stupid. You do find out who the killer is in the second to last episode, and it's really really obvious by then.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Nice. Exactly what I was looking for. You could tell it was going to be cheesy 5 mins into it and I was completely okay with it lol

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                He's doing his job if that is how you feel.
                There's a huge differential in a character being an asshole and still being funny and just being annoying. It probably doesn't help that I'm not big on Carrell's "Act awkward and yell" style of comedy in the first place, but he just has so few redeeming qualities on The Office that I find the character is the one huge detraction from the rest of the absolutely stellar cast. Creed might very well be one of the best characters on TV though.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                  Not an understatement. Diversity Day and Basketball are classic episodes. Keep in mind the pilot was a shot for shot remake of the British pilot. I don't even count that episode.
                  Yeah, the pilot was miserable. I pretty much only liked the jello scenes.
                  Last edited by Hurricanes25; 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                    I agree that those two episodes were pretty good but if I just look back at season 1 as a whole, I tend to lean toward "disappointing".
                    So to me, being pretty slow is an understatement. It was like watching paint dry at times. Not the entire time but at times.
                    Season One had yet to flesh out any supporting characters. With just 6 episodes, it would have been difficult to begin any sort of significant plot narrative.

I'm not disagreeing that it was subpar, just saying Hines shouldn't skip it or anything. Season 2 was brilliant.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Oh, I agree. He definitely should not skip season 1.
                      Boring but were the foundation for the upcoming greatness

Comment

• I watched Suits yesterday and it was pretty entertaining. USA has a formula for these shows now it works on me.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I liked Suits as well. I heard the second episode wasn't as good, but I like the characters well enough so I'll tune in.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I thought the only episode so far was the premier?
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• On TV yeah, but critics usually get 2-3 episodes as part of a "teaser" package and I read from a critic that the second episode isn't nearly as good as the first one.

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• There is so much overall terribleness in True Blood that I'm not sure how much longer the good parts can cancel it out.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information