No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, while I haven't seen The Killing (and am aware that people hate it right now), I would like to point out that it has already received more nominations than The Wire ever had.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Emmy noms are laughable, especially when looking at the "Best Supporting Actor in Modern Family" category. But I hope Margo Martindale wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        I'd throw in John Noble, Don Glover, Cougar Town, H. Jon Benjamin for animated, Archer, and Danny Pudi. I just want to know who the **** keeps nominating Betty White, and why they glossed over the fact that season 2 of Glee was mediocre at best. I won't even go into the absurdness that is Modern Family's nominations.

Shut the **** up Modern Family is a good show.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          Shut the **** up Modern Family is a good show.
          It's pretty good, but nowhere close to Community, Parks and Rec, or even Cougar Town.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

It's pretty good, but nowhere close to Community, Parks and Rec, or even Cougar Town.
            erroneous on all accounts

Comment

Community I can agree on. Parks and Rec is crazy overrated and Cougartown is decent but give me a break.
              Last edited by yo123; 07-14-2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I actually wasn't a huge fan of season two Cougar Town. I'm not really sure why, though. Still a good show, nonetheless. I thought Modern Family was much more funny, and has been since it's inception.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Did anyone else here watch the Showtime show "The Franchise: a Season with the SF Giants" last night? I thought it was pretty good, kind of a Hard Knocks feel to it. I also am a Giants fan but I though it was interesting.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Parks and Rec is overrated? If anything it's criminally UNDERRATED.

Nick Offerman not getting a nod is borderline ridiculous. He should be a lock every year that show is on, period.

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                      I actually wasn't a huge fan of season two Cougar Town. I'm not really sure why, though. Still a good show, nonetheless. I thought Modern Family was much more funny, and has been since it's inception.
                      No chance. Modern Family was just slightly above average this season, right about were The Office was. Nominees should have been Louie, Parks and Recreation, Community, Cougar Town, It's Always Sunny (I thought this season was easily the best since season 2), and one of Bored to Death/30 Rock/Office/Modern Family I guess.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Community won't get nominations. That's just the nature of the beast, but it easily should have gotten a Best Comedy nomination and Danny Pudi deserved one for best supporting actor in a comedy. Oh well. There is always next year?

Now if Kyle Chanlder, Connie Britton or FNL the show itself wins anything, I'll be ecstatic. It's simply one of the best dramas ever. If anyone deserves a win, it's Kyle Chandler. He has been amazing as Coach Taylor.

edit: also lol @ The Killing being nominated for anything. Awful.

edit2: Amy Poehler on Nick Offerman:

A lot of people don't know that just last week, Tom Selleck presented him with a Lifetime Mustache Award, which a lot of people don't know. He'll always have that, and they can't take that away from him. But it's a hot load of ******** that he didn't get a nomination, and you can quote me on that. But I suspect and hope that will change. And certaintly that field, there's a lot of talented men vying for that position. If you asked Nick, he'd say the show is represented. But I would say his work on the show is the best stuff on TV, and he deserves every award. A lot of people don't know that Nick designed all of the costumes in "Game of Thrones."
                        Last edited by vidae; 07-14-2011, 04:52 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I actually ended up liking Alphas enough to give it another week or two see how it goes.

Comment

• This was an awesome read for fans of Friday Night Lights

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ll-hearts-lose

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Just got done watching Firefly and then Serenity for the first time and I really, really enjoyed it. Added Dollhouse to my instant queue, is it worth a watch?

^A Bonekrusher production^
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Dollhouse is worth a go purely for the large amount of screen time Dushku gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information