No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitney was atrocious. If you're gonna be an unfunny comedy show, you better at least have some attractive people on the show.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I don't get why NBC is content to lead off against TBBT with Community? Throw The Office in that slot and actually compete instead of getting absolutely killed.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        We should have done a fantasy season based on what shows get cancelled or renewed like they did on Grantland.
        People read the stuff on Grantland? My mind is blown.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          People read the stuff on Grantland? My mind is blown.
          I don't read every article posted but they have some good stuff from time to time. Keep an open mind.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I like Grantland quite a bit.

I'm on it every day. What exactly is there not to like?
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• The one woman writer from NY is a Giants and Mets fans so I'm naturally in love. I'm not sure what she looks like though.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                I like Grantland quite a bit.

I'm on it every day. What exactly is there not to like?
                Every article seems almost identical. I've just gotten tired of Bill Simmons and his clique. I used to really enjoy his stuff, now I don't find it as entertaining.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                  I don't get why NBC is content to lead off against TBBT with Community? Throw The Office in that slot and actually compete instead of getting absolutely killed.
                  That's exactly why they do it though, instead of competing against a known juggernaut they'd rather monopolize a later time slot. I agree with you, because I love Community, but it's a pretty common strategy in television. The more time slots you can monopolize, the better chances an advertiser is going to choose you during that time slot, the more money to be made. It's annoying, but it's the way the game works.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    Every article seems almost identical. I've just gotten tired of Bill Simmons and his clique. I used to really enjoy his stuff, now I don't find it as entertaining.
                    Simmons only puts out one article per week. I'm not really a fan of his.

But there are some really great writers contributing stuff.

I guess it's the journalist in me that appreciates Grantland a little more. I enjoy some long-form sports articles. I also like their Grading the Trades blog post every few days.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Great montage, or greatest montage?

Comment

• RUM HAM! RUM HAM!

God that was a good episode. As soon as Mac and Frank started talking about who would have the knife when **** went down I started dying laughing and just didn't stop.
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          RUM HAM! RUM HAM!

God that was a good episode. As soon as Mac and Frank started talking about who would have the knife when **** went down I started dying laughing and just didn't stop.
                          That might have been my favorite episode since The Nightman Cometh.

Comment

• Definitely not for me. I'd have a hard time picking favorites, but The Gang Buys a Boat and The Gang Gets Lost In the Woods are both so golden, and that's just season 6. Actually, The Gang Hits the Road is probably my favorite from the past 2 seasons.

Hitchhiker: You're not going to sing to me, are you?
                            Charlie: ...I might.

I die every time.

Comment

• This seasons is off to such a fantastic start. I kind of feel like finding out about fat mac early killed the whole joke a little bit for me. It's certainly funny but idk so far a little underwhelming. Not to nit pick but anyone else feel that way at all?

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I feel like the "Oh look, a fat person" joke is pretty tired in just about every medium, but they aren't really taking all that many shots at it. I mean there's one every now and then, but I figured the focus of the show would shift entirely to that for at least an episode, but they've really just kind of stuck a fat person in there and hoped that he'd be funnier.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information