No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parks and Rec has been on fire this year.. Community was good tonight and good overall this year, but it doesn't touch Parks and Rec.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Based on tonight's episodes: Parks > Community = the Office.

Parks was great and I thought Community and the Office were good.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I believe someone has said this before but Community has the higher highs and lowers lows while Parks is consistently at an above average level. I like Community better just because I think the writing is "smarter."
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I believe someone has said this before but Community has the higher highs and lowers lows while Parks is consistently at an above average level. I like Community better just because I think the writing is "smarter."
          I'd agree with that. Community is always good and Parks and Rec is always great, but the amazing episodes of Community are on another level.

Comment

• The end of The League was absolute gold. I was rolling.

Comment

• "I'm gonna put my thumb through your eye you little *****!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
                Just found out about Happy Endings. Last 2 weeks have been really good. Great cast. I tried getting back into Modern Family and luckily ran into Happy Endings which i think is better.
                I watched my first episode of Happy Endings last night. It was pretty funny. I'll continue watching to see if it maintains.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Parks and Rec has been on fire this year.. Community was good tonight and good overall this year, but it doesn't touch Parks and Rec.
                  Trying to power through the first season of Parks and Recs and so far I'd say I've laughed maybe 3 times(think I'm 4 or 5 episodes through).

I know everyone on here says that it just magically improves but it's just so hard to see it right now, I get the feeling that there is going to be a lot less of the really annoying blonde chick and a lot more of Rashida, the indian and Ron Swanson(I knew his name before I watched an episode!) because they really are the stars... but yeah first season is really ordinary, like bad even.

But what do I know, I've all but given up on Curb Your Enthusiasm in the 2nd season, just don't find it funny 95% of the time and gave up on Louis in the first season because I don't think I laughed more than a couple of times and both these are meant to be good. Just hoping that Parks and Rec comes good though and I went in not expecting much from the first season and even then I'm underwhelmed by it.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• I didn't really like the first season of Parks and Rec at all.. I kept dvr'ing it but I didn't even watch the show until half way through the second season and it goes from meh Office rip-off to the best show of the night.

Stick with it. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                      I didn't really like the first season of Parks and Rec at all.. I kept dvr'ing it but I didn't even watch the show until half way through the second season and it goes from meh Office rip-off to the best show of the night.

Stick with it. You'll be glad you did.
                      I second this, wogs you have to stick with it. Just power through. If you have a laptop or ipad just sit and post on NFLDC or something while it's on and kind of absorb it. The 2nd season is SO much better.

I am very happy with The Office so far this year. I thought it would take a big nosedive without Michael but I think him leaving has forced the writers to get creative again instead of falling back on its own established gags.

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                        Trying to power through the first season of Parks and Recs and so far I'd say I've laughed maybe 3 times(think I'm 4 or 5 episodes through).

I know everyone on here says that it just magically improves but it's just so hard to see it right now, I get the feeling that there is going to be a lot less of the really annoying blonde chick and a lot more of Rashida, the indian and Ron Swanson(I knew his name before I watched an episode!) because they really are the stars... but yeah first season is really ordinary, like bad even.

But what do I know, I've all but given up on Curb Your Enthusiasm in the 2nd season, just don't find it funny 95% of the time and gave up on Louis in the first season because I don't think I laughed more than a couple of times and both these are meant to be good. Just hoping that Parks and Rec comes good though and I went in not expecting much from the first season and even then I'm underwhelmed by it.

Just keep watching. Season 1 made me quit watching, only to give it another try midway through season 2. It's not even the same show. They changed Leslie's character to be more plausible. And it's had a ridiculous run of hilarity since then. Gotta watch.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• The change really is remarkable. Enough so that I think it is worth it to slog through season 1 just to appreciate that much more how great the show has become.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                            The change really is remarkable. Enough so that I think it is worth it to slog through season 1 just to appreciate that much more how great the show has become.
                            I rewatched Season 1 last month just to see if my opinion of it had changed.

Well, it hadn't. It still sucked, but Season 2-4 are so good that I find it unfathomable that it got off to such a bad, unfunny start.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Remind me, did season 2 start off with Leslie heading out to a park to stop kids from throwing poop at each other? I remember heading into that episode that I didn't even know why I was watching this again. Then suddenly it got really funny.

Comment

• The s2 premiere is the one where she marries two *** penguins, I think. It might be the same episode though, I can't remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information