Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Splat View Post
    I got American Horror Story on DVR but I'm undecided if I'm going to watch it.
    I watched it and I'm not really sure how I feel about lol. I will give it another week tho.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Splat View Post
      I watched it and I'm not really sure how I feel about lol. I will give it another week tho.
      Agreed. It wasn't.. bad.. it was just really ******* weird. I'll give it another week but I dunno what to think about it.

      Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

      Comment


      • I think I was the only here to constantly defend Parks during Season 1. Everyone said it was a terrible show and wanted it cancelled but I saw a glimmer of hope.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I think I was the only here to constantly defend Parks during Season 1. Everyone said it was a terrible show and wanted it cancelled but I saw a glimmer of hope.
          To be fair, it was a terrible show in s1 but I don't ever remember wanting it to be canceled, I just wanted it to not suck.

          Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

          Comment


          • As someone who just watched all of Parks and Rec in succession and it's still fresh, Season 1 is downright terrible. Vidae harassed me into continuing, and I'm very glad, but I wouldn't fault anyone for quitting in Season 1. It was pretty awful.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

            Comment


            • Don't get me wrong I didn't think it was good but I don't know I just saw something there that I thought it could work. Ansari really was the only one who kept me going and then Swanson started to get into his character by the end. Poehler was downright terrible so I'm glad they totally redid her character. Anyway I'm just glad that it's amazing now. I think I might take Ron's advice on people who are too chummy with me.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • The Shiva Bowl Shuffle was also excellent last night.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Don't get me wrong I didn't think it was good but I don't know I just saw something there that I thought it could work. Ansari really was the only one who kept me going and then Swanson started to get into his character by the end. Poehler was downright terrible so I'm glad they totally redid her character. Anyway I'm just glad that it's amazing now. I think I might take Ron's advice on people who are too chummy with me.
                  I completely agree Steve.

                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                  Comment


                  • I agree with you, DHVF and Wingboy, about Ron's advice. See what I did there :wink.

                    "Stranded on a deserted island, what do you take with you?"
                    "Silence!"



                    I'm Ron ******* Swanson!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      I think I was the only here to constantly defend Parks during Season 1. Everyone said it was a terrible show and wanted it cancelled but I saw a glimmer of hope.
                      I was one of the few who was with Community early on, so I have that going for me. I should have had more faith in Parks and Rec considering Schur, but I was stupid and Amy Poehler's character was a disaster. Changing her from oblivious idiot to pretty intelligent and devoted and Andy from giant dickhead to lovable idiot were the best decisions possible.


                      RIP TheManInBlack

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        I was one of the few who was with Community early on, so I have that going for me. I should have had more faith in Parks and Rec considering Schur, but I was stupid and Amy Poehler's character was a disaster. Changing her from oblivious idiot to pretty intelligent and devoted and Andy from giant dickhead to lovable idiot were the best decisions possible.
                        Agreed. I loved Community from episode one but I totes didn't have the same confidence in Parks, and I'm willing to admit it. It's incredible the turnaround from season 1 to season 2.. it's a completely different show.

                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                        Comment


                        • I've not seen any of season 1 (or 2 unfortunately) of Parks and Rec. Loved season 3 though, and season 4 has been great so far.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
                            I've not seen any of season 1 (or 2 unfortunately) of Parks and Rec. Loved season 3 though, and season 4 has been great so far.
                            Season 2 was really good and I think every P&R fan should be forced to watch season 1 just so they can really appreciate how good it is now.

                            Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by vidae View Post
                              Season 2 was really good and I think every P&R fan should be forced to watch season 1 just so they can really appreciate how good it is now.
                              It's like freshman hazing. Just deal with it and it'll get way better once it's over.

                              Comment


                              • A lot of shows have rather weak first seasons in comparison to the rest of their runs. Buffy, Angel, first half of Dollhouse season 1 (hmm there's a pattern here), Fringe, Seinfeld, The Office, Breaking Bad (it's still really damn good but seasons 2-4 are considerably better), Chuck, The Simpsons, South Park, Supernatural, and Parks and Rec. Sometimes a show needs time to hit a groove.


                                RIP TheManInBlack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information