No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not that I don't want to see them. I just don't have Netflix.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• When Tom sung "...I'm trying to find words to decsribe this girl without being disrespectful" to Joan I lol'd. Hilarious.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        A lot of shows have rather weak first seasons in comparison to the rest of their runs. Buffy, Angel, first half of Dollhouse season 1 (hmm there's a pattern here), Fringe, Seinfeld, The Office, Breaking Bad (it's still really damn good but seasons 2-4 are considerably better), Chuck, The Simpsons, South Park, Supernatural, and Parks and Rec. Sometimes a show needs time to hit a groove.
        Breaking Bad has degenerated significantly since the first season, imo. Just about all of the characters aside from Hank have become less and less likeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          Breaking Bad has degenerated significantly since the first season, imo. Just about all of the characters aside from Hank have become less and less likeable.
          That's more or less the point of the show, except Jesse is probably considerably more likable now than he used to be.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• IASIP and The League were both great last night. Just getting to Community and Parks and Rec now.

Also, I disagree heavily about Breaking Bad. I watched Season 1 and was less then impressed, especially after all the hype. It moved very slowly right up until the end of Season 1. I'm halfway through Season 3 right now and it's gotten significantly better IMO.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Breaking Bad went from a good to great show (in season 1) to the best show on television now.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                I was one of the few who was with Community early on, so I have that going for me. I should have had more faith in Parks and Rec considering Schur, but I was stupid and Amy Poehler's character was a disaster. Changing her from oblivious idiot to pretty intelligent and devoted and Andy from giant dickhead to lovable idiot were the best decisions possible.
                Agree completely. I liked Community from Day 1 and I believe it was pretty loved by most on here. Anyway the ratings are still under a 2 which sucks.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yeah, lots of people liked Community from the start. No "I got in on the ground floor" posts necessary.

My new sig is awesome.

Comment

• That's one of my favorite episodes. Abed's Don Draper impression is money.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I wish community was on instant stream.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Community was at 1.5 and Parks and Rec was at 1.9.. ugh. Both just awful numbers, ugh ugh ugh. Two of my favorite shows below 2.0 :(

edit: I guess it did go up against the Yankee game, so there might be some room for improvement next week.. maybe? :(
                        Last edited by vidae; 10-07-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I'm sure it lost a ton of NY viewers. I think NBC shows do pretty well in NY. I would worry more about Community, Parks and Rec isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• I think the syndication thing with Community is very important.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              I think the syndication thing with Community is very important.
                              It depends on who owns the rights to the show. If NBC does, it is important. If it doesn't, NBC doesn't care because they'd get nothing from syndication.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                                It depends on who owns the rights to the show. If NBC does, it is important. If it doesn't, NBC doesn't care because they'd get nothing from syndication.
                                It's NBC Universal and Sony I believe.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information