No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally finished up Dexter and Boardwalk.

Dexter:

Boardwalk:

Comment

• Don't focus on Dexter, he's ******* boring and that means more of his inane inner commentary.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        Don't focus on Dexter, he's ******* boring and that means more of his inane inner commentary.

Should we focus more on Deb-Laguerta's struggles? Or the Qunn-Batista relationship? Or the tech nerd who has a weird fascination with Dexter? Everything else is ******* awful.

I do agree though, I want Doakes back.

Comment

• I miss him too :(
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Dexter just needs to go back to actually ******* using dark humour and start embracing camp hardcore. I don't care if it alienates some people who want stunning drama, thats not what the show is, and the only actor on the show who might be semi-capable of pulling it off is Hall and whoever they pay to be the villain (idk if you call Miguel a villain for season 3 though) every year. If the show went in a more comedic angle they could probably use literally every single one of their cast members more effectively except for Laguerta who needs to be killed off in the worst way.

At this point, I don't even know if it matters though, it isn't going to get more than the two seasons its already apparently signed up for, and Michael C. Hall is probably just laughing to the bank every monday morning with his million dollars per episode. It feels like they're probably just milking the cash cow now. I'll still watch it (although I don't even have cable let alone showtime so its not like it matters) probably just for something to do after football on sunday nights. The only other sunday show I watch is BrBa and I have no idea how long of a break they're taking between seasons, I just hope it isn't a year and a half again.

Comment

• I'm starting either The Tudors or American Horror Story tomorrow, you people decide.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                I'm starting either The Tudors or American Horror Story tomorrow, you people decide.
                natalie dormer makes the tudors. watch until she leaves the plot. AHS is pretty awesome, unlike any other tv series that i've seen.

and homeland has me hooked. damien lewis is a god. i love his face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  I'm starting either The Tudors or American Horror Story tomorrow, you people decide.
                  The Tudors. AHS is stupid.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• AHS was really good until the last episode...which was just sloppy.

I liked the show a lot, but don't see how it'd hold my interest beyond the one season. Especially since the writers have already spoiled the entire series by revealing their plans for the show... The whole point of a "Horror Story" is the suspense...not knowing what's going to happen next.

Comment

• I'm a big fan of AHS. I recommend that.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                        AHS was really good until the last episode...which was just sloppy.

I liked the show a lot, but don't see how it'd hold my interest beyond the one season. Especially since the writers have already spoiled the entire series by revealing their plans for the show... The whole point of a "Horror Story" is the suspense...not knowing what's going to happen next.
                        I'm honestly glad that they aren't going to try to milk more seasons out of this same story line. The variety gives them more options, so they can explore new themes and ideas.

When I first heard this plan it reminded me of The Twilight Zone, one of my favorite tv series of all-time, where each episode is a totally new story. Anythings better than watching another show go to **** because it went on for too long like Dexter.

Comment

• i watched all of homeland over the weekend. why is it so awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                            i watched all of homeland over the weekend. why is it so awesome.
                            so did i. and it is certainly awesome

Comment

• I agree with the both of you. Homeland is excellent.

Comment

• Starting Homeland as we speak, so you assholes better not be lying to me.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information