Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Which is completely and utterly wrong, and just more of Sorkin's narcissistic complex telling him how great his generation is. Too bad the Baby Boomers are easily the worst.
    My gut reaction is to agree with this, but we see an incompetent cohort group like them every 70 years or so. These things go in cycles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      Because I know Sorkin, and he's ******* preachy, political and full of himself. It's hard to ignore.
      So the show is already ****** and you hate Sorkin.. why are you going to watch it? It seems like a waste of your time.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
        I don't really understand the hate for the newsroom either and im not a sorkin fanboy or anything like that. I thought it was a good pilot and daniels' opening diatribe was pretty spot on imo. Ill definitely continue watching this whole season unless it goes off the deep end completely. I could see how some of it may have been off-putting and it was a bit cheesy at times but all in all i thought it was interesting, had good dialogue (generally), has a good premise, and has the potential for some great character development.
        Except that it wasn't, at all.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Ugh. This is going to be a thing for you all season isn't it Corey?

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
            So the show is already ****** and you hate Sorkin.. why are you going to watch it? It seems like a waste of your time.
            I'm going to watch the pilot episode because I once had promise for the show, seeing as how I'm a journalist and have been hoping for a while that a serious drama about journalism would emerge. I just don't have high hopes. Yes, I can form an opinion of my own, but when there's this much critical backlash to a new show, I am going to expect it to be warranted.

I don't hate Sorkin exactly, I'm just lukewarm on his stuff. If his agenda is political and preachy rather than a serious, genuine attempt to dramatize the industry, then obviously, that turns me off in a hurry.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• When they're trying to force that down everyone's throats, even though it isn't true, yes. Add on to the fact that we're going to have to deal with a Sorkin written romantic subplot (the Harriet/Albie one on Studio 60 was AWFUL), it's going to be annoying. There are some positives to it, such as Allison Pill and the acting in general, but the writing is the problem.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I'm going to watch the pilot episode because I once had promise for the show, seeing as how I'm a journalist and have been hoping for a while that a serious drama about journalism would emerge. I just don't have high hopes. Yes, I can form an opinion of my own, but when there's this much critical backlash to a new show, I am going to expect it to be warranted.

I don't hate Sorkin exactly, I'm just lukewarm on his stuff. If his agenda is political and preachy rather than a serious, genuine attempt to dramatize the industry, then obviously, that turns me off in a hurry.
                You mean exactly like he did in The Social Network, which you decide to call overrated just because you can?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• You seem to genuinely dislike it. If that is the case, why would you continue to watch it?

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                    You seem to genuinely dislike it. If that is the case, why would you continue to watch it?
                    Because there's still potential in it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

You mean exactly like he did in The Social Network, which you decide to call overrated just because you can?
                      It IS overrated. And I already told you my opinion of that film will forever be scarred because the girl I watched it with is a *****.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

It IS overrated. And I already told you my opinion of that film will forever be scarred because the girl I watched it with is a *****.
                        Hey, I saw Inglorious Basterds with a horrible woman and I'm able to separate such things. It's something that must be done, Social Network is a goddamn masterpiece goddammit.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Hey, I saw Inglorious Basterds with a horrible woman and I'm able to separate such things. It's something that must be done, Social Network is a goddamn masterpiece goddammit.
                          That's easy to forgive because Inglorious Basterds is fantastic.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• "I've heard of trauma causing blindness, like when Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder walked in on eachother masturbating."

-Wilfred
                            "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• So not only has alphas already started but it looks like a bunch of episodes have already leaked. Why am I just learning this as I get ready to head out on a friday night?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                                So not only has alphas already started but it looks like a bunch of episodes have already leaked. Why am I just learning this as I get ready to head out on a friday night?
                                Alphas starts on the 23rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information