Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
    Good episode of The Newsroom tonight. Yay sunday night TV.
    Are you serious? This was by far the worst episode of the Newsroom this season.
    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

• Originally posted by broth223 View Post
      Are you serious? This was by far the worst episode of the Newsroom this season.
      I don't disagree that it wasn't the strongest episode of the season but I didn't think it was bad either.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by broth223 View Post
        The IT Crowd is a hilarious UK series about a pair of nerdy IT people who gets a new boss that knows nothing about computers. I highly recommend it.
        Downloading it now just wanted some insight on it before. As someone who is graduating in network administration I think I'll like it.

I always liked Nick Burns Your Company's Computer Guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert Macklin View Post
          Downloading it now just wanted some insight on it before. As someone who is graduating in network administration I think I'll like it.

MOOOOOOOVE!

Comment

I don't disagree that it wasn't the strongest episode of the season but I didn't think it was bad either.
            I'm at a loss of what was good about this episode. I guess the Rudy reference was nice. But this whole episode was just everyone in the newsroom being functionally ********

"Oh let me run into the door I've used every day for a month TWICE in one day."

"Oh let me go Amare Stoudemire on this computer screen."

Oh great the ridiculous love triangle turned into a love square. Fantastic.

But at least it seems like they resolved the tabloid thing so that should be over I hope.

Oh and lets not forget that wonderful speech and I will paraphrase

hey my whole team is ******** and hurt themselves on the same day but hey they continued working that is what makes them real news people.
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

• Compared to the stuff tabloid newspapers put out me taking a dump makes me more qualified than they are. I had no problem with that.

The love stuff is annoying, but I've admitted that every week. Sorkin isn't very good at writing that kind of stuff and he really never has been.

I fail to see how punching a computer screen is "********" as you put it. He was pissed. He was upset. You've never punched something when you've been upset?

The whole running into the door thing was supposed to be comedy. It fell short of that but it isn't like he was running right into it, she was opening it before he could get out of the way.

I dunno. I said it was good, not great. I didn't love this episode but I didn't hate it either. It was solid.

Comment

Compared to the stuff tabloid newspapers put out me taking a dump makes me more qualified than they are. I had no problem with that.

No argument about the **** that is tabloid journalism. But there were far better reasons than playing hurt to exemplify why they were good news people.

The love stuff is annoying, but I've admitted that every week. Sorkin isn't very good at writing that kind of stuff and he really never has been.

Granted but honestly I don't mind the dynamic between Mac and Will its just the other four person cluster **** that is poorly done

I fail to see how punching a computer screen is "********" as you put it. He was pissed. He was upset. You've never punched something when you've been upset?

I have not once ever injured myself by punching an inanimate object out of anger. Nor have I ever hit an inanimate object out of anger.

The whole running into the door thing was supposed to be comedy. It fell short of that but it isn't like he was running right into it, she was opening it before he could get out of the way.

Slapstick doesn't belong in this series

I dunno. I said it was good, not great. I didn't love this episode but I didn't hate it either. It was solid.
                The way people on this forums bash BBT and TWD I've not seen an episode of either show as bad as I found this one. But hey its just one man's opinion

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

• I didn't see tonight's episode, but completely out of place attempts at humor seem to be a common occurrence.

Could actually go for some IT Crowd right about now.

Comment

• Without the forced "humor" and love triangles the series would be pretty solid. Although I like the IT kid, him busting his hand was also terribly forced, like the rest of the show there's no subtlety, the writers do everything they can but have a character screaming directly at their audience that "These are newsmen, like the kid in Egypt who almost got killed, Jeff Daniels' guys put it all on the line!"

What's annoying about it is just how utterly unnecessary it is. The one guy going out onto the street and getting his ass kicked, made sense, is a juicy story line, and was already enough to draw the parallel to give the audience a character that will personify their concern for the Egyptian kid. They didn't need anyone else hurting themselves for any reason other than that crappy speech. A speech where Sorkin's again going after low hanging fruit by crapping on Tabloids, because no one has ever had the gall to acknowledge what worthless crap tabloids are.

The lack of subtlety just absolutely undermines the whole point of the show IMO. Sorkin is treating his audience as though they're just as incapable of thinking for themselves as the cable news networks he's trying to rail against. It's a reasonable cause, cable news dumbs things down instead of showing people the facts and letting them process the information for themselves, but you don't make that point by dumbing things down and constantly reminding your audience of the conclusions they're supposed to be coming to. The show kind gets a Fox News-y feel to it, even if the conclusions he's trying to drill into your head are different ones.
                    Last edited by Rosebud; 07-23-2012, 05:09 AM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• A Rudy themed episode. I love Newsroom so much.

Comment

• Just finished season 2 of The West Wing, it's right up there with BSG, Mad Men, The Wire, etc.

Comment

• Finished with Community a couple days ago, and it's probably one of the best things i've watched. Now i'm moving onto Mad Men. After watching Community I realised i'm missing out on so much good TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert Macklin View Post

IT Crowd is easily one of my favourite comedies. But I'm a sucker for British shows lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              Just finished season 2 of The West Wing, it's right up there with BSG, Mad Men, The Wire, etc.
                              Yes! More West Wing watchers!

Comment

• Political animals has me intrigued. Loved every part of it again.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information