Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
    I've always felt that season 1 was amazing, season 2 was great and season 3 was good. It has definitely deteriorated but it's still one of the best shows on television.
    I'd probably rank them 2-1-3, but there was a clear difference between 1 and 3. A lot of you won't agree, but my favourite episode was when Annie lost her pen and they were looking for it. I was laughing out loud for 20 minutes straight.

I started watching Parks and Recreation as well, I like it, but i'd definitely rank it below Community.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
      It honestly might have been my favourite episode so far, although the ending was way too over the top imo. I also don't care for Allison Pill as an actress but maybe it's just the strange faces she always seems to be making. The last 3 episodes have sold me on watching for the rest of the season. I'm not in love with it yet but I have found it's gotten progressively more entertaining.
      While part of me agrees with you, part of me (read: my boner) disagrees. I love Alison Pill so god damn much. She is cute as ****.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
        I'd probably rank them 2-1-3, but there was a clear difference between 1 and 3. A lot of you won't agree, but my favourite episode was when Annie lost her pen and they were looking for it. I was laughing out loud for 20 minutes straight.

I started watching Parks and Recreation as well, I like it, but i'd definitely rank it below Community.
        Season 1 of Parks and Rec is weak compared to the rest of the series. Parks and Rec is the only comedy on TV I rank higher than Community, and I stand by that ranking.

And the episode of Community you listed is easily top 5 for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
          Season 1 of Parks and Rec is weak compared to the rest of the series. Parks and Rec is the only comedy on TV I rank higher than Community, and I stand by that ranking.

And the episode of Community you listed is easily top 5 for me.
          That's probably why then. I'm only 5 episodes in atm.

And i'm glad someone agrees.

This was hilarious.

Comment

That's probably why then. I'm only 5 episodes in atm.

And i'm glad someone agrees.

This was hilarious.
            I like the part where she rips off her sweater. Mm, my future wife, you are so gorgeous.

Season 2 is when Parks and Rec really takes off and just keeps getting better and better every season after it.

Comment

I like the part where she rips off her sweater. Mm, my future wife, you are so gorgeous.

Season 2 is when Parks and Rec really takes off and just keeps getting better and better every season after it.
              So is it worth watching the 1st season, or should I just skip it?

Comment

So is it worth watching the 1st season, or should I just skip it?
                The first season has some good stuff in it, and you said you were on episode 5 so you're almost done with it anyway.. the first season only has 6 episodes. :P

Comment

The first season has some good stuff in it, and you said you were on episode 5 so you're almost done with it anyway.. the first season only has 6 episodes. :P
                  Oh lol, i'll finish it up now then and get started on season 2.

Comment

• The 8 bit episode of Community is my personal favorite.

And I wish The IT Crowd wasn't just 6 episodes a season :(

Comment

• The Law & Order ep is my favorite. So perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                        The Law & Order ep is my favorite. So perfect.
                        It really was. The pillow wars was great too. Troys all tomato.. I lost it.

Comment

• Yeah I was just about to post the Law and Order and Ken Burns episodes were pitch perfect in writing and execution. God I wish I had Hulu so I could watch those. GOD DAMN YOU NETFLIX, STOP SUCKING SO BAD.

Comment

• Community is better than Parks and Rec. Just saying.

Although both are awesome.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Some other underrated favourites of mine:

- The one where Jack Black tries to join the group.
                              - When Abed tries to impress a girl starts doing that weird dinosaur walk. And then starts doing a Don Draper impression to Annie.
                              - The one where they play dungeons & dragons.
                              - When Chang is homeless and is asleep in the trash shoot thing.
                              - When Chang takes the wrong kids home from school.

The only episode I don't particularly like was the Christmas animation one.

Is it being renewed for a 4th season?

Comment

Some other underrated favourites of mine:

- The one where Jack Black tries to join the group.
                                - When Abed tries to impress a girl starts doing that weird dinosaur walk. And then starts doing a Don Draper impression to Annie.
                                - The one where they play dungeons & dragons.
                                - When Chang is homeless and is asleep in the trash shoot thing.
                                - When Chang takes the wrong kids home from school.

The only episode I don't particularly like was the Christmas animation one.

Is it being renewed for a 4th season?
                                Maybe I am forgetting him actually living in such a place, but I'm pretty sure you are referring to the air duct system.

And yes it was renewed, but it will be different. Dan Harmon was fired for being a general dick and the fact that the higherups thought the show wasn't mainstream-friendly enough. The new crew is supposed to push it in that direction. So we'll see how it manages. If they ruin it, I probably will murder them.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information