Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
    I didn't mind Terra Nova either. I prefer shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc over mindless fun TV shows, but I'm a fan of mindless TV as well.
    There is a difference between mindless and insulting.

Comment

• There is nothing insulting about TV unless you go out of your way to take it that way. If you don't like the writing or the characters of a particular show, stop watching it. I just don't care that much. If Revolution stopped airing TOMORROW I wouldn't care because I don't take the show too seriously.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        This is hilarious, top ten dumbest things on Tv this year.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-d...r-this-season/

Ahhh yes. An humorous article with the sole purpose to point out small aspects of the show that are replicated in pretty much every show in the genre to explain why the show sucks. How original and witty!

Originally posted by SolidGold
        Bortlezzzzzzz
        Originally posted by Monomach
        Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
          Ahhh yes. An humorous article with the sole purpose to point out small aspects of the show that are replicated in pretty much every show in the genre to explain why the show sucks. How original and witty!
          Hey some people just do a better job of shutting of their brain when watching television shows they enjoy. I for whatever reason have a hard time doing so, hence things like this annoy me as well and I find it hilarious.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I have some shows I just can't do that with.. like The Walking Dead or Dexter.. but then I have a lot of shows that make it easy to do that with.. like Revolution or Terra Nova, both mentioned previously.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that TWD and Dexter have been better in the past than they are now (or have been recently) so I hold them to a higher standard, quality wise. Revolution and Terra Nova were never more than just solid to start with, so it's hard for me to take either too seriously.

Comment

There is nothing insulting about TV unless you go out of your way to take it that way. If you don't like the writing or the characters of a particular show, stop watching it. I just don't care that much. If Revolution stopped airing TOMORROW I wouldn't care because I don't take the show too seriously.
              Yeah I know but you are a different breed. You watch more TV than maybe anyone I know besides my coworker. I guess I just feel that if I am going to devote 30-60 minutes of my time I want to actually enjoy the show.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy mindless shows that don't really deliver much past the surface such as Supernatural and Arrow but I just feel like Revolution is trying to be serious. Acting like it is the next big TV drama (Lost would be a more apt analogy but I didn't really like Lost).

I really wanted to like Revolution. I think the idea is a cool one and if done properly could be amazing. What one of us hasn't thought at some point "Wouldn't it be more bad ass if we went back to fighting with Swords". I love a few actors they have on the show... I mean they have Giancarlo Esposito for ***** sake. But every episode is tainted by poor acting, poor writing and Charlies whiny ass character.

The chick cries every episode... sometimes more than once. I mean sure people die okay you get a pass... but your uncle yells at you come on.

/rant

Comment

• Charlie seems to be turning the corner and should be considerably less whiny now if the end of last episode is a sign of things to come!

I'm with vidae too, I thoroughly enjoyed Terra Nova and am very much enjoying Revolution too :-)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                  Right now for me it is barely more watchable than Terra Nova.
                  Terra Nova was fun. I'm still bummed it didn't get picked up for a second season.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I don't know if it's just me, but i just can't take network dramas seriously. I really have zero interest in watching anything that comes on the big networks that isn't a comedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                      Hey some people just do a better job of shutting of their brain when watching television shows they enjoy. I for whatever reason have a hard time doing so, hence things like this annoy me as well and I find it hilarious.
                      I love cracked but that was a weak article. Revolutions the kind of show you need to be able to accept some much bigger illogicalities to watch, so making a big deal out of the small stuff just seems silly. If you refuse to watch it because in 15 years no one has started to adapt our technology to new energy sources, I'd have no complaints, that is a massive gap in logic that makes it hard ot take anyone in the show seriously. But if you can get past that and watch the show, bitching about small **** like that article does is ridiculous. It's why I never rip on Lost, it just got too much for me to ignore and I stopped watching two episodes into season two.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I finished season 3 of Warehouse 13 it was awesome sauce. Has season 4 all ready aired on TV?

I'm afraid to go to their website and have something get spoiled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                          I finished season 3 of Warehouse 13 it was awesome sauce. Has season 4 all ready aired on TV?

I'm afraid to go to their website and have something get spoiled.
                          First half has aired.
                          4.5 starts after Christmas I believe.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• Happy Endings tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Happy Endings tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Awwww yeah. I'm excited.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• So first ep of Happy Endings was great as usual. So glad I was put onto that show. But it really makes me wonder how different New Girl might be had Happy Endings not been renewed for a second season and Damon Wayans Jr. had changed its cast.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information