No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I caught this week's episode and it was pretty funny. Maybe there are a lot of people who really like it like you guys and it won't get cancelled! haha

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The ratings are soo bad though, it's just a matter of time. :(

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Maybe it's testing well and they slot it differently next season? I just imagine it would have gotten canned already if it's been getting bad ratings constantly. Idk, i really enjoy watching it, i'll hold out hope that it survives the cut.

Comment

• I complain about this all the time but they seriously need to fix the ratings system. Lots of shows are more popular than the Nielsen ratings indicate.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If I DVR something it should count like I'm watching it live.

Comment

• They have separate records for DVR watchers. It's Live + 7day ratings, but they're not as big of an indicator, because people who DVR shows fastforward through the commercials anyway.

And yeah, they really do need a completely new ratings system. The Nielsen one is way out dated but I haven't heard about anything new coming down the pipe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78
                vidae have you watched Broadchurch?
                Not yet, but I'm going to sometime today probably. I've been semi busy. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by smittyjs
                  Started watching BB last night, first two episodes were pretty decent, probably try to watch a few more tonight.
                  I'd advise you to watch the whole series so you can catch up in time to watch the series finale with us in 7 weeks, but I think Breaking Bad is best consumed at a measured pace. It's too good to waste and you can't fully appreciate the transformation by binge watching it, IMO.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• i just started broadchurch today and i highly recommend it. i was hooked after the first episode. damn brits can make a helluva entertaining show.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                      i just started broadchurch today and i highly recommend it. i was hooked after the first episode. damn brits can make a helluva entertaining show.
                      I'm definitely gonna watch, but probably not til The Bridge is done with its first season.

I'm burnt out on these types of murder/detective shows after also watching The Killing and Top of the Lake recently.

I read that FOX is apparently going to adapt Broadchurch as an American version, which seems totally unnecessary given that the original version is already English-language and reportedly excellent. Ugh.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        Not yet, but I'm going to sometime today probably. I've been semi busy. :(
                        Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                        i just started broadchurch today and i highly recommend it. i was hooked after the first episode. damn brits can make a helluva entertaining show.
                        Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                        I'm definitely gonna watch, but probably not til The Bridge is done with its first season.

I'm burnt out on these types of murder/detective shows after also watching The Killing and Top of the Lake recently.

I read that FOX is apparently going to adapt Broadchurch as an American version, which seems totally unnecessary given that the original version is already English-language and reportedly excellent. Ugh.
                        Broadchurch was amazing.
                        I watched all 8 eps in one day. I regret not extending the experience but it just sucked me in.
                        Awesome show. Seriously recommend it.
                        Tennant is fantastic

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

• I am intrigued to see how Olivia Colman plays a policeman officer unlike Doris Thatcher. I have rather silly views of her and Tennant, so this will be interesting when I decide to check it out. Jodie Whittaker also interests me.

Comment

• 2013 has been a stellar year for TV. Ranking my favorite shows is a real chore and there's still more to come (Breaking Bad finale, Homeland season 3, the end of The Bridge's first season).
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Come back Parks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                                Broadchurch was amazing.
                                I watched all 8 eps in one day. I regret not extending the experience but it just sucked me in.
                                Awesome show. Seriously recommend it.
                                Tennant is fantastic
                                i would knock it out today if my internet wasn't so goddamn slow. i've heard a lot about tennant but this is my first time watching him in a series and i agree, he's great.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information