No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read Death Note and it was so perfect for me that I didn't feel like the anime could bring something new but I'll give it a try.

Is FMA Brotherhood different from the first FMA serie ? Because I thought it was already a great anime.

Comment

• Brotherhood is supposed to take the fillers out and follow the magna.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
        I was iffy on Attack on Titan, but I continued watching it. It's interesting for sure, wondering where it will go (ive seen through ep13).

If you haven't yet, watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood...so good.

Claymore was also good, too bad it stopped at 24eps

I have a special place in my heart for Yu Yu Hakushow.
        I watched Yu Yu, but I think I just stopped watching it cause I got bored of it after a while. The start of it was great.

Attack on Titan I like it, I'm at episode 18. They have slowed it down a bit since the first 13/14 episodes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naga114 View Post
          I don't know if some people watch anime, I was realy into that 10 years ago and I still read some manga. Anyway I decided to watch some serie/film.

"5 centimeters per second" was so good, it made me so sad but it's definitely worth watching, it was beautiful and I realy cared about the characters.

Then I saw "Steins Gate", at first I didn't understand the plot and thought it was slow, but then when the story unraveled it was mindblowing and I was so nervous that I watched the whole serie in a day.

"Cowboy Bebop" is the next thing in my queue but does anyone know some good anime worth watching ?
          I've seen all the Miyazaki, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Fumoffu, Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, Hellsing, Trigun, FF7, Basilisk
          I always recommend Code Geass to people. I thought it has the best story and ending to any anime I've seen.

As for some other suggestions because we seem to have the same taste in anime: Ghost in the Shell, Gurren Lagann, Claymore, Outlaw Star, Eureka 7, Last Exile, Soul Eater.

But if you haven't seen Cowboy Bebop, I'd watch that then Code Geass.
          Last edited by nrk; 08-16-2013, 11:30 AM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naga114 View Post
            I've read Death Note and it was so perfect for me that I didn't feel like the anime could bring something new but I'll give it a try.

Is FMA Brotherhood different from the first FMA serie ? Because I thought it was already a great anime.
            Original FMA series altered the ending. Been a while since I've seen both, but they start out the same and about halfway(?) Brotherhood follows the manga to the true ending.

Never read the manga myself and really enjoyed the first FMA, but I thought Brotherhood was sooo much better.

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
            I was iffy on Attack on Titan, but I continued watching it. It's interesting for sure, wondering where it will go (ive seen through ep13).

If you haven't yet, watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood...so good.

Claymore was also good, too bad it stopped at 24eps

I have a special place in my heart for Yu Yu Hakushow.
            The manga of Claymore is still going, so you can always enjoy that ^_^.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch
              So Suits has kicked ass all season long. I was concerned with the big happenings in the latest episode that it was the season finale and I didn't realize it. But no, we're only halfway there!

While I liked this season, my main problem with it is;

On an unrelated topic, HBO dropped a full-length trailer for their new series True Detective, and it looked absolutely phenomenal. I don't think it's online yet, but everyone should definitely check it out when possible. All I could find as of now is a shorter, earlier and much more ambiguous trailer;

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Dexter is the absolute worst.

Last edited by Brodeur; 09-09-2013, 07:22 AM.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Dexter is the absolute worst.

So stop ****ing watching it.

Comment

• SOA is BACK!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                      So stop ****ing watching it.
                      Do you not understand hate watching or watching until the end? It has two episodes left, if I want to ***** about it I will! YOU GIVE ME ANY MORE LIP AND I WILL WRECK YOU BOY.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Dexter is the absolute worst.

That part was hilarious (Harrison has become Carl Season 2-level bad), but the actual episode was actually good.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                          SOA is BACK!!!!
                          hell yeah man, apparently Donal Logue is gonna have a huge role this season.

Comment

• Is Ray Donovan worth watching?

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              Is Ray Donovan worth watching?
                              Not really, no.

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• "Riding through this world."

Comment