Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Uncle Phil.

James Avery -- the beloved dad on "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" -- has died at age 65 .. TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the actor tell TMZ he died in an L.A. hospital last night. Avery had recently undergone surgery for an undisclosed illness and took a turn for the worse late yesterday.

And we're told ... his wife, Barbara, had been at his bedside but left for a short period of time to get something to eat. When she came back, she learned he had just died.
    http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/01/01...lfonso-ribiero

Comment

• IT'S BACK

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert Macklin View Post
        More importantly, RIP

:'(

Cobra Commander/Starscream, Mum-Ra, and Shredder... Only 80s cartoon villain I loved that's left is Alan Oppenheimer (Skeletor).
        Last edited by nepg; 01-02-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• I finished Chuck. Not the end all be all but a fun show with a likeable cast. I'm thinking of starting Arrow next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert Macklin View Post
            The last episode of season 1 of House of Cards didn't feel like a season finale.
            It was the perfect season finale for that show. By that I mean it was a very mediocre episode of a very mediocre show.

Originally posted by SolidGold
            Bortlezzzzzzz
            Originally posted by Monomach
            Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• So, I've randomly been watching Grimm lately. I have I think 4 episodes left in season 1. I don't think it's an amazing show by any means, but it's entertaining and I find myself wanting to keep watching 1 more episode each time.

However, I'm starting to really just not care for his partner Hank. Monroe, on the other hand, is awesome sauce.

Comment

• Season two of Grimm is far better. Once they kinda get out of that crime of the week crap the show really starts to take off.

Comment

• You would watch Grimm before Supernatural. Heathens...all of you.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    You would watch Grimm before Supernatural. Heathens...all of you.
                    I was actually looking to watch Supernatural first, but it isn't on Amazon Instant. So it's its own fault.

Comment

• They are two entirely different shows though. While they have a similar concept I wouldn't automatically recommend Supernatural if someone liked Grimm or vice versa.

Comment

• Soooo I just watched the pilot of the wire after all this time. I really hope this show gets good soon.

Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          Soooo I just watched the pilot of the wire after all this time. I really hope this show gets good soon.
                          Yes Jvig, the show is awful, everyone who praises it is doing so sarcastically.

I actually love season 1 now but I remember when I rented the first disc years back I did not go back and rent the second disk. It did not capture my attention. I gave it another shot about a year after that and I am not sure when exactly I was hooked, sometime mid season one, but I watched nothing else until I finished that show and it remains one of my favorites ever. I think it was CCB who once told me it's not just a show, it's an experience.

Comment

• I was only implying the first episode wasn't anything special, and rather dull. I obviously believe the show will get good. I'm just wondering if I should expect this for the entire series or if it picks up.

Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                              I was only implying the first episode wasn't anything special, and rather dull. I obviously believe the show will get good. I'm just wondering if I should expect this for the entire series or if it picks up.
                              I know exactly what you were implying and I believe I answered you. The season takes a while to get going which is to be expected. By midseason I could not stop watching. Season 2 I really enjoyed but isn't on the same level as 3 or 4 which are two of the greatest seasons of television ever.

Comment

• Supernatural shits on Grimm

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information