Favorite books/What are you reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    I read Kurt Vonnegut's Sirens of Titan for 9th grade and my teacher had no clue who he was.
    High School English teachers were very incompetent.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
      My favorite book is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. That's one great book.
      Definitely is. Been a few years since I last read it, I probably won't get around to it again until the semester is over.

I'm currently reading Tropic of Hockey: My Search for the Game in Unlikely Places. I bought it during the lockout and never got around to reading most of it.

Comment

All of these are what I'm reading. (Yes I know it's pretty geeky)

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          Definitely is. Been a few years since I last read it, I probably won't get around to it again until the semester is over.

I'm currently reading Tropic of Hockey: My Search for the Game in Unlikely Places. I bought it during the lockout and never got around to reading most of it.
          is Akim Aliu mentioned?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Language-Thoug...3084074&sr=8-1

This book had a profound effect on me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Just finished reading Wieland by Charles Brockden Brown.

Quite easily the best book written in 1798.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

"American Gods" - Neil Gaiman. 2007 Hugo award winner. Gaiman's awesome.

Just read the Batman graphic novel, "The Long Halloween" as well. Another solid recommendation.

But seriously, pick up American Gods. There's no way you won't like it.

Originally posted by snuff
                Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

Read this one awhile back but it's still an excellent book

About the genocide in Rwanda, and also about how basically useless the UN is.

Originally posted by Jakey
                  WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

If you're into fantasy novels, I recommend most R.A. Salvatore books(very few authors describe battle scenes better) and of course Dragonlance Chronicles and Dragonlance Legends by Weiss and Hickman, as well as the Dragonlance Heroes set of books. The Legend of Huma is particularly great IMO.

If you're into some mindless type reading, I though the Stephen King novel "Cell" was quite good.

And for more mindless(but very fun) entertainment, try the new Warhammer 40,000 series "the Horus Heresy" Extremely good books. I'm hooked on this series right now.

Originally posted by Jakey
                    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

ANybody know a good biography?

Comment

amazing book.just amazing.
                        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Bright Lights Big City by Jay MciNerney

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                            If you're into fantasy novels, I recommend most R.A. Salvatore books(very few authors describe battle scenes better) and of course Dragonlance Chronicles and Dragonlance Legends by Weiss and Hickman, as well as the Dragonlance Heroes set of books. The Legend of Huma is particularly great IMO.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5d/The_legend_of_huma_novel_cover.jpg[/img
                            Man I used to read the Dragonlance/Forgotten Realms books all the time. I have The Legend of Huma & its sequel Kaz the Minotaur somewhere.

Its been taking me awile, but ive been working my way through this great book.

Comment

The Count of Monte Cristo. And the movie is almost as good.

Comment

Sperm Wars by Robin Baker
                                It is about human sexual psychology. It is a fascinating read.

33 Strategies of War

48 Laws of Power both by Robert Greene.
                                A Confederacy of Dunces John Kennedy Toole
                                The Prince by Machiavelli
                                Candide by Voltaire
                                Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Hunter S Thompson
                                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information