Laptop Recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
    So far I have been mainly concentrating on Gateway's and Dell's but have a problem with each. On Gateway you can't get a processor over 2GHz on any of their models and with Dell you can but it's pretty darn expensive. In a perfect world I thnk I'd like to get a Dell M1710 (powerful, looks cool, etc.) but whenver I modify with with the configuration I want it ends up being well over $3k ($3,716 to be exact with warranty, etc.), which is more than I'm looking to drop.
    This is the one you want imo....number one rated laptop by cnet.com. Toshiba's are the current best laptops on the market. Basically gives you everything you want in your deal and then some...definately check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...activeda686-20

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
      This is the one you want imo....number one rated laptop by cnet.com. Toshiba's are the current best laptops on the market. Basically gives you everything you want in your deal and then some...definately check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...activeda686-20
      That's definitely a nice setup.

Comment

take the deal Scott and run with it

Comment

do not get a gateway, they are pieces. there is a reason it has the most for the least amount.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Just something to look at if you just want a new computer that will do everything you need..you might want to check out the local wal-mart today....

A good deal on a cheap laptop.

"Secret" Sale Friday at 8 a.m. $348 OTD Acer Celeron 530 Laptop 15.4"/1GB RAM/80GB HD/DVD Combo at Wal-Mart B&M

The specs:
            Model AS5315-2153
            Acer Aspire Celeron 530 (one of the new ones based on Core 2 Duo architecture - this isn't a clearance laptop!)
            80 GB HD
            6.17 lbs.
            15.4" WXGA widescreen
            802.11b/g Wireless
            1024 MB DDR2 RAM
            DVD/CD combo drive
            Windows Vista Basic
            3 USB ports
            960GML Chipset
            Integrated Intel X3100 GMA graphics

Comment

Originally posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
              do not get a gateway, they are pieces. there is a reason it has the most for the least amount.
              I have to say I've had excellent experiences with my Gateways. My last two desktops and my current laptop are all Gateways and I've never had a problem with them...
              Scott Wright, President
              Draft Countdown.com
              www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information