Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrong thread

Comment

Josh McCown. Arizona knocks out the Vikings.

Comment

The first sudden death gamE

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Aaron *Bleeping* Boone

2003 Walk-Off

Paul

New York Giants
          New York Yankees
          New York Knicks (unfortunately)
          UConn Basketball
          Virginia Tech Football
          UConn Football

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
            Da Freeman Catch vs the Vikings in OT in the playoffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dQrqiFIKI
            That was definitely MNF and not he playoffs.

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
              Aaron *Bleeping* Boone

2003 Walk-Off

Not only saved a franchise but got them a new stadium. Edgar should be in the Hall of Fame based off that one series. Not only did he drive in the winning run but he hit .571 with 10 RBI's and had a 1.677 OPS. You read that right. 1.677.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post

Not only saved a franchise but got them a new stadium. Edgar should be in the Hall of Fame based off that one series. Not only did he drive in the winning run but he hit .571 with 10 RBI's and had a 1.677 OPS. You read that right. 1.677.
                Not better than Boone's walk-off. Edgar sent Seattle to the ALCS. Boone sent the Yankees to the WS. Against Boston. Rivalry game. Not taking anything away from Edgar, he was money that series.

Paul

New York Giants
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                UConn Basketball
                Virginia Tech Football
                UConn Football

Comment

Who cares? They didn't even make it to the World Series.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                    Not better than Boone's walk-off. Edgar sent Seattle to the ALCS. Boone sent the Yankees to the WS. Against Boston. Rivalry game. Not taking anything away from Edgar, he was money that series.
                    Edgar saved the franchise. They would have either been disbanded or relocated had they not won that playoff series. That's carrying your city on your back on a whole nother level. Not just Edgar but the entire roster.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                      Who cares? They didn't even make it to the World Series.
                      I guess every single playoff moment that didn't result in a trip to a championship doesn't mean anything. I guess Jordan dropping 60 against that incredible Celtics team is meaningless. You've become a total bitter poster since the Indians got owned a few weeks ago.

Comment

I guess every single playoff moment that didn't result in a trip to a championship doesn't mean anything. I guess Jordan dropping 60 against that incredible Celtics team is meaningless. You've become a total bitter poster since the Indians got owned a few weeks ago.
                        Cool, now I'm just like you all the time. Could you be more of a prick? Really?

Comment

Cool, now I'm just like you all the time. Could you be more of a prick? Really?
                          No, but I've never said historic moments in a franchise don't count because it didn't amount in a championship. That's just incredibly ignorant. I know I'm a negative person most of the time but to say something like that is just mind boggling.

Comment

No, but I've never said historic moments in a franchise don't count because it didn't amount in a championship. That's just incredibly ignorant. I know I'm a negative person most of the time but to say something like that is just mind boggling.
                            Does a last second TD catch mean more if it amounts to something? Does a walkoff homerun mean more if it sends the team to the World Series? Does a buzzer beater mean more if it sends a team to the Final 4?

Of course it does. Did I say it doesn't count? No, but it means a whole lot less than most others because all it did was send them to the ALCS, which they got beaten in, and nothing came from it.

Comment

Ask anyone who has played competitive athletics at a high level, and ask them which means more. I can guarantee they say the one that led to a championship.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Does a last second TD catch mean more if it amounts to something? Does a walkoff homerun mean more if it sends the team to the World Series? Does a buzzer beater mean more if it sends a team to the Final 4?

Of course it does. Did I say it doesn't count? No, but it means a whole lot less than most others because all it did was send them to the ALCS, which they got beaten in, and nothing came from it.
                                Yeah but it save the team from being relocated or being disbanded. That's pretty big. If that wasn't riding on the series I would easily give the nod to Boone's walk-off but that slide into home saved the franchise. I also admit I'm incredibly biased and it was the night I became a Mariners fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information