A Small Predicament Part II....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moses View Post
    Come on bf_51. If somebody is harassing you all night and then hauls off and smacks you do you just take it? I have pretty thick skin and let a lot of stuff slide but if somebody hits me I'm going to stand up for myself.
    what's the point?
    really. does it really matter if you hit him back or not? little chance he's going to sit there and pummel you if there's other people around watching it happen, because those people would probably pull him off you. so you walk around with a shiner, a bruised jaw, maybe a few cuts... big deal.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

fighting is so stupid, most people just do it to look like a bad ass.

but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
        what's the point?
        really. does it really matter if you hit him back or not? little chance he's going to sit there and pummel you if there's other people around watching it happen, because those people would probably pull him off you. so you walk around with a shiner, a bruised jaw, maybe a few cuts... big deal.
        This is not meant at a jab at you, but you are a girl aren't you? How many fights have you been in? If you let people stomp all over you it will happen over and over again. Eventually you need to stand up for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
          what crawled up your ass, njx slap you around a little
          i've worked 109 hours in the last two weeks, i've worked saturday, sunday, i missed my flight home on friday, so i kept working. and working. because god damnit, i have nothing else to do.

when you get old, you get stupid, i've determined, five years ago, i woulda taken the opportunity to get drunk all weekend, now, i just work.

Comment

Come on bf_51. If somebody is harassing you all night and then hauls off and smacks you do you just take it? I have pretty thick skin and let a lot of stuff slide but if somebody hits me I'm going to stand up for myself.
            I haven't been hit since the 7th grade. Someone pushed me at a bar and I pushed them back because I was drunk. Had I been sober I would have laughed at them and gone back to my drinking.

Never in my life have I thought, "oh wow that person is brave cause they hit someone back". Perhaps there are still bullies post-high school, but I've found that most of them try to intimdate people intellectually or emotionally.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'm definitely with Moses and 447 on this one. I go to great lengths to avoid violence of any kind, but when somebody crosses the line and lays hands on you, you have no choice but to defend yourself. It's a weak person that just curls up into a ball and cries for help. You do what you can to avoid any altercation in the first place, but you can't control other people. There's nothing wrong with defending yourself.

Comment

i've worked 109 hours in the last two weeks, i've worked saturday, sunday, i missed my flight home on friday, so i kept working. and working. because god damnit, i have nothing else to do.

when you get old, you get stupid, i've determined, five years ago, i woulda taken the opportunity to get drunk all weekend, now, i just work.
                you work so you dont have to come back to an abusive boyfriend, i get it, you dont need to lie to me.

Comment

what's the point?
                  Yeah, big deal. Let's all just let people do what they will and we can just float through life like a lost butterfly and hope we land on a cloud of cotton candy.

Comment

This is not meant at a jab at you, but you are a girl aren't you? How many fights have you been in? If you let people stomp all over you it will happen over and over again. Eventually you need to stand up for yourself.
                    I am. The answer is two. One was with an ex. He kinda whooped my ass.

if you don't surround yourself with dumb ******* thugs, i don't think it'll happen over and over and over again... i think people get to a certain age where fighting just becomes stupid and inane. i think that age should constantly keep dropping, because it's stupid and pointless.

what does one gain by punching someone in the face?

not much. really. sure you may say it's self defense. but in situations where it's NOT life threatening, where you're not fighting for your life, i.e. a robbery, rape, whathaveyou, does it really matter?

would it be different if sweetness fought back with a can of pepper spray? (i mean, that's what i'd do, or swing my u-lock at his jaw) or does it have to be a manly 'brawl'?

y'all have really ****** up notions of honor.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                      Yeah, big deal. Let's all just let people do what they will and we can just float through life like a lost butterfly and hope we land on a cloud of cotton candy.
                      LOL. Probably one of my favourite posts on this forum.

Comment

if you don't surround yourself with dumb ******* thugs, i don't think it'll happen over and over and over again... i think people get to a certain age where fighting just becomes stupid and inane. i think that age should constantly keep dropping, because it's stupid and pointless.

not much. really. sure you may say it's self defense. but in situations where it's NOT life threatening, where you're not fighting for your life, i.e. a robbery, rape, whathaveyou, does it really matter?

would it be different if sweetness fought back with a can of pepper spray? (i mean, that's what i'd do, or swing my u-lock at his jaw) or does it have to be a manly 'brawl'?

njx dont play around

Comment

Where the **** do you people get in fights at? Honestly.

When I think of adults fighting I think of Jerry Springer and Nascar races. I don't know a single adult with even an iota of intelligence that has been in an actual fight post 21-22 years old.

Where is god's name is there an adult bully? I stoped caring about this **** about 15 years ago.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

When I think of adults fighting I think of Jerry Springer and Nascar races. I don't know a single adult with even an iota of intelligence that has been in an actual fight post 21-22 years old.

Where is god's name is there an adult bully? I stoped caring about this **** about 15 years ago.
                            I haven't had to fight in years. But if I were to walk down to the store right now and some dude came out of nowhere and hit me in the face, I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself. Not to be a badass or prove my manliness, but just because I care about myself and will never let anybody damage me in any way so long as I can do something to prevent it.

Comment

See, as a women you are somewhat protected by society. If somebody attacks me, the only people protecting me are myself and MAYBE my friends (but what if it's another friend that is attacking, like in this case).

Let me know when you take a beating in front of a group of people and do nothing but turtle. You will be picked on FOREVER. I used to do this when I was younger. I wouldn't want to cause problems so I would take whatever was thrown at me. Guess what? It gets worse and worse, until eventually you can't take it anymore.

Fight back with pepper spray? Just pop the guy in the jaw and bring him to the ground. Hold him down and tell him never to touch you again. Simple as that. If he swings at you again you stand your ground and do your best to disable him. I promise you he will think twice about messing with you again.

It has nothing to do with honour, toughness, or anything like that. It's about standing up for yourself and not being pushed around. If you have ANY self-respect, you don't accept people physically assaulting you, period.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

sweetness is in college. Lots of fights happen there.

Sure, most adults don't get into altercations. But most adults also don't hit each other. I'm not saying he should start fights. I'm saying that if somebody attacks you, defend yourself. As an adult, obviously this is a rare situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information