No announcement yet.

Official Video Game thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just got final fantasy tactics for the psp and that game is great, its just the same as the one for the ps1 but has a couple of enhanced features and you can do battles against a friends party which is sweet.

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
      i just got final fantasy tactics for the psp and that game is great, its just the same as the one for the ps1 but has a couple of enhanced features and you can do battles against a friends party which is sweet.
      I was going to get that I think I'm just gonna wait a bit until I do.

Comment

My top ten favorite games.

1. Escape Velocity, Macintosh – It's a game you've never heard of. It's a game you've never played. It's a game for the Macintosh only. And it is my favorite game of all time. IMO, it is the ultimate sandbox game. There are no missions but the ones you choose. You fly around in a ship and take on whatever missions you want. Or you can be a pirate. You go where you want and do what you want.

2. Diablo 2, PC - With my 360 in for repairs, I find I'm back to playing this game. One of the best RPG’s of all time and my personal favorite.

3. Halo 3, X-Box 360 – Winslow may not have been able to pin one down, but I can. With Halo 3, Bungie really outdid themselves. My 360 may be in for repairs, but I was able to finish the campaign at a friends house and you know what? IMO, it is a heck of a lot better than Halo 1 or Halo 2. Not to mention the on-line multiplayer, which IMO is far superior to Halo 2. Oh sure, I miss some of the Halo 2 maps and the Gulch Wars playlist, but you know what? I don’t miss modders. Or standbyers. Or jumping down in between a bunch of people ala predator 2 and killing them all AND NEVER BEING ABLE TO SHOW ANYONE!!! Actually, I MOSTLY miss modders. I played a few custom games that had been modded and those were really…… really fun. The creator had changed what weapons did. SMG’s fired rockets instead of SMG rounds. Shotguns fired a dozen wraith blasts. Rocket lauchers fired a single smg round. Warthogs fired sniper rounds. And so on and so forth. But in matchmaking, F modders.

4. Bejeweled 2, Various – My favorite puzzle game of all time. I look on the 360 forums and listen to people complain about the difficulty of the classic mode and I struggle to remember what it was like to not be able to get to level 18 in Bejeweled 2.

5. Merc, Sega Genesis – So far, my biggest disappointment with the Nintendo Virtual Console is that this game isn’t on there. When I was a kid, I spent so many quarters on Mercs that my parents bought me a Sega Genesis JUST so I could play this game at home. They figured it would be cheaper.

6. Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2, X-Box 360 – Boobs. Enough said.

7. Tetris, Too many to count – It’s Tetris. Nuff said.

8. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, X-Box 360 - Remember the X-Men arcade game from the 80's? Remember how fun that was to play with three other people? Well, imagine if that game had been multi-directional instead of just left ot right, had current gen graphics and had dozens of characters both hero and villian who weren't in the X-Men amongst many other improvements. If you can imagine that, you might be somewhere in the ballpark of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

9. Wrestlemania 2000, N64 – Why can’t they just take this game, update the graphics, change the roster and make it the current wrestling games? The N64 series of wrestling games made by the same company such as WCW/nWo revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 were the best in the genre.

10. Counterstrike, PC/X-Box – I listed this as PC/X-Box because I rarely played the PC version. I played the X-Box version with a couple of pretty skilled players I could depend on in a pinch. But that was long ago and like with other games, I fell out of contact with them. I like to think I was ranked pretty highly in this game on X-Box Live. Around the 1400’s which required me to average a kill every round. Considering the X-Box version was NOT 8 vs. 8, that was a lot harder than you think.

Honorable mention: Battletech: Firestorm, Arcade – I’m a huge Battletech fan dating back to the original Mechwarrior game in the late 80's and this is about as good as you’re going to get as far as Battletech/Mechwarrior/Mechcommander/MechAssault series goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          6. Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2, X-Box 360 Boobs. Enough said.
          The one for original Xbox was actually pretty fun to play local multiplayer. However, without local multiplayer on the 360 version, I don't even play it... I only bought it because EB was having a sale for it, where brand new copies were 10 bucks each.

Comment

Cod4= Life Changing!

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
              Cod4= Life Changing!
              It looks sweet and got some good reviews but like I said I doubt I get around to it.

Comment

I've determined that Assassin's Creed is going to be one of the best games and revolutionary or the best marketed game that does bad ever.

Comment

Ok, Assassins Creed kicks ass, very unique.

I haven't played a ton, but from what I have, the game is going to be sweet.

Comment

Anyone played the new Mario yet? Sounds like its pretty amazing

Comment

Yes, Mario Galaxy is amazing. I was at a friends house for a couple hours playing it, I want a Wii now.
                      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Speaking of Wii's...anyone know if they will be available this upcoming holiday season?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          Speaking of Wii's...anyone know if they will be available this upcoming holiday season?
                          eBay...I got mine off there and + shipping it was about 15 bucks more than in stores. I don't know if they still are, but then they were crazy hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            My local Toys R' Us gets them every other Sunday but there is always a long ass line. The store doesn't open until I believe 9am or maybe 10 but people will be in line by 5am, its pretty crazy. I won't do it...

with Christmas right around the corner I probably won't get it until next year, oh well. At least 360 has a bunch of good games out right now.
                            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

NEW TOPIC.
                              Whats a game you want to see a sequel of and one you don't?
                              i'll start.
                              Skate 2 will be sweet, and i dont want to see Assassins Creed 2. Put the resources elsewhere then AC2.
                              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                                NEW TOPIC.
                                Whats a game you want to see a sequel of and one you don't?
                                i'll start.
                                Skate 2 will be sweet, and i dont want to see Assassins Creed 2. Put the resources elsewhere then AC2.
                                I want Uncharted 2. Hoping to God there will be a God of War III. AC 2 will be awesome because it can only get better. Plus the producer is freaking hot.

Haven't played many games to not want a sequel to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information