Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is why we don't need Political/Religion debate here...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to debate it, because the art of debate naturally makes you investigate your own beliefs much more thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
      I like to debate it, because the art of debate naturally makes you investigate your own beliefs much more thoroughly.
      this is well said... I love debating with my girlfriend over religion and politics... given that she's catholic and I'm... well... not.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

debating gives me a hard on.

Comment

While I respect the choice of this forum to not discuss certain things (even if I don't agree with it at all), using the reasoning "chances are we won't figure this out, so we might as well not talk about it at all" is totally ridiculous.

It is human nature to talk over things, even if reaching a solid conclusion is incredibly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
            While I respect the choice of this forum to not discuss certain things (even if I don't agree with it at all), using the reasoning "chances are we won't figure this out, so we might as well not talk about it at all" is totally ridiculous.

It is human nature to talk over things, even if reaching a solid conclusion is incredibly unlikely.
            the reason this site doesn't allow it is because it leads to flaming... nothing more complicated than that.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

The reason we don't debate politics is because the average age here is about 15 and a half. When you can't buy cigarettes, I don't want to hear your thoughts on foreign policy. In fact, I don't want to hear 98% of this boards thoughts on sports. Chances are, unless you're old enough to be in the phonebook, you have nothing worthwhile to say........ever

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan
                the reason this site doesn't allow it is because it leads to flaming... nothing more complicated than that.
                I'm not criticizing the rule, I'm criticizing the reasoning Shiver was giving.

Comment

and its the cause for all the worlds problems.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I just want a political thread for when people make off-base, untrue, and essentially propaganda type posts.

Those bother me, and I would like to be able to say why, and what was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bigrick0016
                      The reason we don't debate politics is because the average age here is about 15 and a half. When you can't buy cigarettes, I don't want to hear your thoughts on foreign policy. In fact, I don't want to hear 98% of this boards thoughts on sports. Chances are, unless you're old enough to be in the phonebook, you have nothing worthwhile to say........ever
                      Rick's actually closer than most on the reason. It isn't due to flaming "per say." But, if you could debate it without flaming we'd be good. The problem is some people long long ago, before my time, messed it up for all of us with an overabundance of flaming. That and when these issues do pop up *cough*Hardaway*cough* people STILL get angry and flame over nothing. That doesn't really show it is something a sports forum is for and should handle.

And if you think the idea of allowing these debates hasn't been brought back up, then you are severely wrong.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp
                        I just want a political thread for when people make off-base, untrue, and essentially propaganda type posts.

there's nothing wrong with my opinion of canada.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                          Originally posted by frogstomp

there's nothing wrong with my opinion of canada.
                          No, but your posts about the WWF are just wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
                            I just think it's a bit silly to restrict topics on a discussion board. I can certainly understand not wanting to open that can of worms (as a former admin of a few forums myself), but I do know that it can be pulled off.

Comment

Easy way would be to give me a secret forum where I could invite people of my choosing.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck

If I was convinced that it wouldn't devolve into pointless, waste of everyone's time, heated, banter, then sure it would be alright. That's the problem. I have seen other forums allow these types of discussions before. It is impossible to keep it from becoming a flame war, at some point, because it's the nature of the beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information