Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is why we don't need Political/Religion debate here...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religious discussions are bad idea, it just starts an argument.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable
      That's because people are either too immature, too insecure, or are too ignorant to discuss religion - especially when it comes to their own beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
        Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable
        That's because people are either too immature, too insecure, or are too ignorant to discuss religion - especially when it comes to their own beliefs.
        Be that as it may it still is a bad idea to have them on here.
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

story time...

R.I.P. Sean Taylor
          R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
            And Paranoid, I encourage you to debate these things on boards devoted to such. This is devoted to sports, and anything like that is allowed.

Initially, it wasn't restricted, and as I mentioned before, people abused it. It is completely Scott's call and he has made his call. That is the way the rule goes. Whether some of us disagree and would like to debate this, we will have to do it in private.
            I don't think there is a whole lot more arguing I can do on the subject. Either you guys want to give it a try or you don't. I'm more than happy to discuss it in private, but I don't get the sense that I'm suddenly going to sway Scott's mind.

Comment

Are we allowed to debate Scientology? I don't think that is really a religion. Its more of a life style and philosophy, and the best one in existence at that.

Comment

I'd love to have a political discussion on this board, but it's just not possible. It'd get ugly real quick. I mean I'd be ok and I wouldn't get heated, but I know some other people on here would have a short fuse on this subject.

I think the only way we could do it would be to make a Liberal, a Conservative, an Independent, etc thread for each politcal view. And you post in the topic where your political views fall. But even that could get ugly.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                  I'd love to have a political discussion on this board, but it's just not possible. It'd get ugly real quick. I mean I'd be ok and I wouldn't get heated, but I know some other people on here would have a short fuse on this subject.

I think the only way we could do it would be to make a Liberal, a Conservative, an Independent, etc thread for each politcal view. And you post in the topic where your political views fall. But even that could get ugly.
                  That might work, to an extent. There would have to be strict regulations regarding coming into threads of opposing ideologys, and flat out critisising peoples view. I'd like to think I'd be capable of not belittling people and their views, however others may be more attacking.

We've had certain threads that have skimmed around politics/religion, and not all of them have resulted in huge arguments
                  Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                  #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

I don't know, I just think that the mods would have to create special sets of rules for such discussions. Give probations for those who come into such threads trying to pick a fight. After a little while almost all of the posts in those threads are going to have some sort of purpose (or at least be civil).

Comment

i'd love to have a political discussion thread since i already have a raging boner for the 2008 election. but, i understand why the mods/admins/scott would be nervouse about it....it's a personal subject.

maybe if there were a strictly enforced 0 tolerance policy for personal attacks it could work.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                        I don't know, I just think that the mods would have to create special sets of rules for such discussions. Give probations for those who come into such threads trying to pick a fight. After a little while almost all of the posts in those threads are going to have some sort of purpose (or at least be civil).
                        It's harder to pick those out than you think.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                          I doubt it would work. I've been on another site with a similar format and people just can't keep to their own thread. Someone always has to bash the other party's view or "defend" theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
                            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                            It's harder to pick those out than you think.
                            Not saying it is easy, but you have a pretty good user-base to make it work. I've seen it done in much harder situations.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information