No announcement yet.

Steaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like marinades that are cooked on the steak and maybe some au jois, but other than that, it's fine to let the meat speak for itself.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

If its food, I eat it.

Comment

Nothing on this world beats a Cheesesteak. A Whiz with and ketchup.

Originally posted by nvot9
        I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
        Indianapolis Colts 13-3
        Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I'm a medium rare ribeye guy myself.

One of the more fun steak places I've been to was in San Diego. Gaslamp Strip Club. Play on words with strip steak and actual strippers. Although the waitresses are dressed rather provacatively. Anyway its a make your own steak place. They have all the different cuts marinated for days. You and your buddies can huddle over the open grill and have drinks and cook your own steaks. Then all the sides (potatoes, veggies, etc) are all family style.
          Last edited by Jughead10; 11-08-2007, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I have my steak WELL done! It takes about half an hour to eat...but you savour the flavour

Comment

Not a big fan of A1 personally, a good steak shouldn't need any sauce. If it's kinda dry or not seasoned very well I'll use some A1. I prefer to make my own steaks though.

Vince's winning steak recipe!
              -Your choice of cut
              -add a decent amount of kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper on each side
              -top with fresh minced garlic, fresh chopped thyme and olive oil
              -let marinade for about an hour

-sear each side of the steak in a preheated skillet
              -finish cooking to your liking in the oven or on the grill
              **don't over handle the cut, give it time to cook on each side and it should be good. you don't need to constantly flip it
              **try not to cut or puncture the steak while it's cooking or you'll lose the juices. use a small meat thermometer to test to see if it's done, don't cut it to look! eventually you'll just kind of know when they're done.

-when steaks are done put them on a plate and cover with tinfoil, allow steaks to sit for 5-10 minutes to "lock" in the juices

-enjoy!
              Originally posted by njx9
              i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Sucks being a broke-ass college student. I haven't had one in forever.

I'm a NY strip man myself. Throw some dry rub on it and throw it on the grill. Medium.
                Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post

that thing looks good, you are from philly were do you think the best cheesesteaks are?

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                    Not a big fan of A1 personally, a good steak shouldn't need any sauce. If it's kinda dry or not seasoned very well I'll use some A1. I prefer to make my own steaks though.

Vince's winning steak recipe!
                    -Your choice of cut
                    -add a decent amount of kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper on each side
                    -top with fresh minced garlic, fresh chopped thyme and olive oil
                    -let marinade for about an hour

-sear each side of the steak in a preheated skillet
                    -finish cooking to your liking in the oven or on the grill
                    **don't over handle the cut, give it time to cook on each side and it should be good. you don't need to constantly flip it
                    **try not to cut or puncture the steak while it's cooking or you'll lose the juices. use a small meat thermometer to test to see if it's done, don't cut it to look! eventually you'll just kind of know when they're done.

-when steaks are done put them on a plate and cover with tinfoil, allow steaks to sit for 5-10 minutes to "lock" in the juices

-enjoy!

That's some excellent advice, Vince. The most common mistakes people seem to make are puncturing or cutting into their meat before it's had time to rest, and failing to bring their meat to room temp before putting it in the skillet/on the grill. The importance of both those things can't be overstated.

Comment

That's what I had for dinner, it looked a lot better than that though.

Comment

I agree with the cheese whiz, but I wouldn't put ketchup on. It's unnecessary for me with the cheese, mushrooms and onions.

Also, the best steak sauce is Peter Lueger. You can get it in the supermarket where I live, I'm not sure about elsewhere though.

Comment

The Best kind of steak

Comment

steak
                            <333333333333333333

lol

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              The Best kind of steak for Hangovers

Fixed it for you. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information