Collecting magazines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting magazines?

I have a weird dilemma of always collecting Sports Illustrated magazines. About a year's worth of them last year, I decided to throw them out because I figured there would be no value. Then a year later, (right now) I keep thinking is it worth to collect these Sports Illustrated magazines? What do you guys think? I've only kept the good ones to this point which include - the end of the year special issue, the championship ones except the SuperBowl and the NBA (I threw them out after the championships), etc.

Sorry if this is awkward lol, I just wanted to know what you guys thought about collecting magazines even though the magazine's origination started around 50+ years ago. Would there be any point of collecting it to this point?

I always keep thinking I should of kept all those magazines...

I had like 3 years worth of SI until about a month ago when I threw them all away.

Comment

Do you mean to make money off of them or just to read them later? I doubt they'll have any value if you're planning on collecting them for later.

Comment

My dad keeps telling me to get rid of my SI issues. I have everyone from the past 3 or 4 years. I also just started getting my ESPN magazines back in January.

I like keeping them because when I'm old, I can look back at my magazines and remember what was going on at this time.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I collect Sports Cards. I did collect SI for a while be decedied to get rid cuz i had no space in my room.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
            I collect Sports Cards. I did collect SI for a while be decedied to get rid cuz i had no space in my room.
            I collect Sports Cards too. I also collect Snoopy items (serious).

I recycle the Sis at least a month after the issue date.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

MY SIs get stuffed in a stack on my bookshelf in random order, and every once and awhile I have to throw a bunch out. FOr some reason, I don't wanna throw the issue away after I'm done with it, but I don't ahve much problem throwing them out when I have to...

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                I collect Sports Cards too. I also collect Snoopy items (serious).

I recycle the Sis at least a month after the issue date.
                Do u collect like Regular Old ones or do you collect the jerseys and Autos?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                  Do u collect like Regular Old ones or do you collect the jerseys and Autos?
                  Both. Mostly rookies but if I come across a jersey card I want at a card show I'll go for it. Especially now that you can get them for under $10.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

I love sports cards I got every kind,my best is a3 piece Johny U # out of 60

Comment

I got a decent amount I don't really have one that stands out from the rest, but during the summer I collected AJ Hawk, Marcus Williams, and Hanley Ramirez.
                      I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I have a couple jersey cards. Just to name a few are, David Carr, Keyshawn Johnson, Julius Peppers, and Curtis Martin. (I think I have Carr and Peppers.)

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I got a Cris Carter Jersey, Culpepper Football, Three River Stadium Turf with Steve Young, Michael Huff and DJ Shockley College Jersey, marlin jackson and Derek Anderson college jersey, and Drew Stanton College Jersey and Coles Football.

My best Auto is probably Duece, Marlin Jackson or Marion Barber III and DROY Hopeful Patrick Willis.

I need a Peterson Auto or Jersey bad. Or even Rice.

Comment

my prized sports memorabilia is a signed hockey stick by everyone on the last Hartford Whalers team

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

im subscribed to national geographic. is that worthy of a post in this thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information