No announcement yet.

Home Bar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up home bars is expensive. But if you're hell bent on having lots of people come over and drink your booze, just give them a couple simple options that appeal to the masses i.e. vodka & some energy drink, Captain Morgan & Coke, or some of that coconut Parrot Bay garbage that girls seem to like. Otherwise, stock your bar with the ingredients to make cocktails YOU like. I'd steer clear of the 151 and things of that nature personally. At home you have a tendency to overpour your drinks which becomes exponentially more hazardous with that strong of liquor. It also tends to shorten the night and increase the liklihood that you'll wake up in the bathtub.
    Unless it's just for me or for special occasions, I never buy a fifth of anything that costs more than 20$.

Comment

For Whisky go with Canadian Club. It's cheap but it's also Canadian and pretty darn tasty with a coke and a lemon/lime. Crown Royal is a good choice too.

Captain Morgan's white rum is a good clear rum. Nice and sweet.

For Vodka you can get a few cheap bottles but you definately have to have the Grey Goose. The taste of that over a cheap bottle is very noticeable. I like to mix my vodka with OJ, Coke, Red Bull, tomato juice (i don't care what anyone says tomato juice is the ****)

stephenson86

Comment

You'd probably want to get cranberry juice and sour mix. I'd say those are two very popular mixers when it comes to making different drinks.

When it comes to what type of liquor you wanna get, depends how pricy you wants.

Jack or Crown for Whiskey. Or Jameson. If I was starting a serious bar I'd have all three.

Vodka, Smirnoff is probably the best bang for you buck. Pretty decent vodka that is rather inexpensive.

Rum, I'd stick with Bacardi, pretty standard.

Gin, I'm not a gin drinker. Tanqueray I guess.
        Last edited by Jughead10; 11-08-2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          You'd probably want to get cranberry juice and sour mix. I'd say those are two very popular mixers when it comes to making different drinks.
          Cranberry juice is definitely a must good call.
          Originally posted by nvot9
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Grenadine is never a bad idea as well.

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              Grenadine is never a bad idea as well.
              Good call. As is lime juice. You can pick up a bottle of Rose's. They make both of these. Of course if you get lime juice, you should get SoCo also.

Comment

A bottle of Baileys is also nice to have around.

Originally posted by nvot9
                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

If youre looking to make mixed drinks pick up some kahlua (or other type of coffee liquor) as well as some half & half cream, mix it with the vodka and have some white russians, best mixed drink known to man.

Smirnoff & Skyy are two good intermediately priced vodka's, Skyy & Mountain Dew mix pretty well. For whiskey you can just roll with one of the 3 wisemen Jack D, Johnny W, or Jim B. Seagrams VO is a whiskey I personally enjoy. Seagrams also makes gin, I believe that is the Seagrams 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerv View Post
                    If youre looking to make mixed drinks pick up some kahlua (or other type of coffee liquor) as well as some half & half cream, mix it with the vodka and have some white russians, best mixed drink known to man.

Smirnoff & Skyy are two good intermediately priced vodka's, Skyy & Mountain Dew mix pretty well. For whiskey you can just roll with one of the 3 wisemen Jack D, Johnny W, or Jim B. Seagrams VO is a whiskey I personally enjoy. Seagrams also makes gin, I believe that is the Seagrams 7.
                    7 is whiskey as well, but it's mostly meant to be a whiskey you mix. Hence the 7 & 7 (Up). If you want a cheaper whiskey that IMO tastes great, Evan Williams is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerv View Post
                      On that note, girls love mudslides.

Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Souther Comfort is always good either 100 Proof or 70 proof are good

Comment

mixed with coke with a bit of lime juice, one of my favorite mixers
                          JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                            Souther Comfort is always good either 100 Proof or 70 proof are good
                            Get lime for that SoCo too.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Since your making a home bar here's a little list of what you need (I work in a bar):

Whiskey:
                              Jack Daniel's (quintessential whiskey for any bar)
                              Seagram's 7 (lower level Canadian whiskey that is great for mixed drinks)
                              Southern Comfort (great as a single shot, a mixed drink, or mixing shots)
                              Evan Williams (very cheap whiskey that is great for the lower end mixed drinks)
                              Jameson or Bushmill's Irish Whisky (great as a shot and used for Irish Car Bombs)

Vodka:
                              Taaka (very cheap and is used as bottom shelf and well but a decent mixer)
                              Skyy (a step up thats a little more expensive)
                              Grey Goose or Ketel One (top shelf, pricey vodka that does not leave a hangover)
                              Vanilla flavored vodka is also great for White Russians, etc...

Tequilia:
                              Jose Guervo (about the only tequila worth serving unless you want to fork out a lot of cash)

Rum:
                              Cpt. Morgan (essential)
                              Sailor Jerry (an excellent rum that's not as sweet as Cpt. Morgan)
                              Bacardi (nice clear rum that mixes well)

Variety Liquor used for shots:
                              Goldschlaeger
                              Jagermeister
                              Pucker (get about three or four different kinds)
                              Bailey's Irish Cream (or any derivative thereof)
                              Peach Schnapps (great for shots)

That's about the essentials that I can think of off the top of my head. If you need any more help send me a PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Sailor Jerry is the greatest spice rum ever created.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information