Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student gets detention for hugging?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_detention_for_hugging

MASCOUTAH, Ill. - Two hugs equals two days of detention for 13-year-old Megan Coulter. The eighth-grader was punished for violating a school policy banning public displays of affection when she hugged two friends Friday.

WTF?

jesus. i saw the other day some school banning tag and touch football because a child may fall and injure themselves. What's this world coming to? poor kids
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

its *** parents who never want to let go. Those are the parents that get rules like these put into schools.

However, I really don't give a **** until it effects me.
      Last edited by Smokey Joe; 11-09-2007, 11:39 AM.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Megan's mother, said the embraces weren't even real hugs just an arm around the shoulder and slight squeeze.

"It's hilarious to the point of ridicule," Coulter said. "I'm still dumbfounded that she's having to do this."

Comment

End to dodgeball.
          End to flag football.
          End to hugging.

What's left?

Comment

When i was in High School, We played Pass Catch Football, where u catch it and stop and then pass its fun but not as fun as real football. We still hit though so its close. But we couldnt play Dodgeball but we could play Team Handball and If you were goalie ud get pealted by Volleyball Size Balls.

But my school has no real problem with hugging and sometimes u see kids kiss so its like whatever lol.

Thats pretty strict.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Yeah...that's ridiculous. I mean who hugs at school?

Comment

i feel the same way, i got two detentions for rubbing a girls shoulders and putting ear muffs on a girl cuz she didnt want to hear what iw as talking about

Comment

this isnt really out of the norm for middle school anymore. thats where they put the most ridicoulous disciplinarians.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

I'm glad I go to a private school!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                      I'm glad I go to a private school!
                      Do you have to wear a uniform? I'm not sure how the plaid skirt and knee highs would look on you...............

Originally posted by Jakey
                      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

This is getting out of hand. What's up with parents and schools these days? Walton and Johnson call it the pussification of America and it's in full effect.
                        Last edited by diabsoule; 11-09-2007, 01:05 PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

The pussification began about 35 years ago when the parents of these kids were being raised as wusses. You have weak parents raising weaker kids.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by BucSappy View Post
                            End to dodgeball.
                            End to flag football.
                            End to hugging.

What's left?
                            It's terrible. Our school gets around the dodgeball one though.
                            They call it something like 'maneuverable ________ball.'
                            That way, if a kid gets hurt, the school can't get in trouble for playing dodgeball. lol

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              The pussification began about 35 years ago when the parents of these kids were being raised as wusses. You have weak parents raising weaker kids.
                              Bingo.

Natural selection needs to play its course. Stop overprotecting youth.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information