Scholarship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    I was on scholarship at Heartland Community College for Soccer this season. It was pretty sweet to go to school for free.
    I didn't think you can get an athletic scholly for CCs...

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      I didn't think you can get an athletic scholly for CCs...
      Well I did....And hoopsdemon just got one too.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Well I did....And hoopsdemon just got one too.
        Oh, well fair enough I didn't know you could...and he's in Canada idk if the rules are the same as here and Lakeland College isn't a CC in Alberta I don't believe...

Comment

Haha well I didn't have to pay a dime for tuition this semester, and the same for next semester so yea, I think I got a scholarship. I did have to pay for books and stuff though....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Congrats Man!
            I remember when I got my first offer for Basketball. I think mine was a little better, lol. But seriously, pick a school for the school not for the team.

Comment

Haha well I didn't have to pay a dime for tuition this semester, and the same for next semester so yea, I think I got a scholarship. I did have to pay for books and stuff though....
              right which is sweet, I wish I could be on a full scholarship...but I just didn't think that a CC could give an athletic scholly while a D3 can't...but maybe I'm wrong...are you sure it wasn't academic related? sorry if I seem like a dick but I was like 99% positive about this before today lol

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                Oh, well fair enough I didn't know you could...and he's in Canada idk if the rules are the same as here and Lakeland College isn't a CC in Alberta I don't believe...
                Well, colleges in Canada aren't called community colleges, but it is the same idea. You usually go for anywhere from 1-3 years, and I think walk away with an Associats Degree. I think that is what it is like in western Canada, cuz that is how it is on Ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                  What's the story with athletic scholarships in Canada? I know in Ontario when I was going into school they weren't allowed.
                  Many schools in Canada now (not Ontario) can offer scholarships. Ontario just started 2 years ago. But to obtain one from an Ontario school you need great marks. Im thinking like higher than an 80% to get any money. If you go out west or east, they can offer anything from small grants to full rides. I know people who have full rides to Manitboa, UBC, Concordia, Bishops and St. FX.

A lot of people overlook playing football in Canada, but in reality, alot of kids from the states could make big scholorships. I would reccomend it to anyone who knows they won't go D1 or D1AA. The CIS (Canadian Interuniverstiy Sports) is probably about a D2 level (some schools are far below i.e Toronto) and many can offer Full Scholorships. I can also say that coaches from CIS schools LOVE American football players. Obviously the game is different, but it is football. And you would be getting a free ride and a great education.

If anyone is interested in talking to CIS schools, let me know, I have many connections with schools all across the country.

Comment

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
                    Congrats Man!
                    I remember when I got my first offer for Basketball. I think mine was a little better, lol. But seriously, pick a school for the school not for the team.
                    Ya thats why im hoping these other schools are a little more acedemically where i wanan be. I dont know who they are yet but they have been talking to my coach. I want to go into teaching, so if i could get a degree in education as a back up plan to fire fighting i would be happy. Just playing competitive ball after highscool is a cool thought for me.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                      Ya thats why im hoping these other schools are a little more acedemically where i wanan be. I dont know who they are yet but they have been talking to my coach. I want to go into teaching, so if i could get a degree in education as a back up plan to fire fighting i would be happy. Just playing competitive ball after highscool is a cool thought for me.
                      Why go to college if you want to be a teacher?

Comment

Why go to college if you want to be a teacher?
                        is this a serious question?

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                          is this a serious question?
                          Yes. Teaching is a university field, at least from what I know.

Comment

Yes. Teaching is a university field, at least from what I know.
                            get an aa, then move up.
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                              get an aa, then move up.
                              What is an aa?

Comment

What is an aa?
                                Associates degree. dont ask me why they call it an aa.
                                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information