Scholarship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
    Associates degree. dont ask me why they call it an aa.
    I don't think they have those in Canada.

I just don't get the point of going to college if you want to be a teacher, unless you don't have the marks to get into university (which would be surprising if you want to be a teacher). You're going to have to get a university degree anyway, so why waste time getting a college degree you won't use?

Comment

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
      Congrats Man!
      I remember when I got my first offer for Basketball. I think mine was a little better, lol. But seriously, pick a school for the school not for the team.
      cause ur tall.

whered you get your offers?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
        Why go to college if you want to be a teacher?
        Well the thing is that would be my option 2... and apperantly to get into fire fighting they like to have guys that have their lives in order you know, they usualyl take guys 23-25 years old.. so i f i could play ball for two years or so.. then go to the U of S.. then head into it that would be good... i just need somehting to help fill that void in between. Ive talked about it with my councelor and it made sense.. i just may not be wording it right lol

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
          Well the thing is that would be my option 2... and apperantly to get into fire fighting they like to have guys that have their lives in order you know, they usualyl take guys 23-25 years old.. so i f i could play ball for two years or so.. then go to the U of S.. then head into it that would be good... i just need somehting to help fill that void in between. Ive talked about it with my councelor and it made sense.. i just may not be wording it right lol
          I'm just saying that going to college won't give you a backup of being a teacher because you need an undergraduate university degree to become a teacher (at least in Ontario, not sure about other provinces but I imagine it is the same).

Comment

I'm just saying that going to college won't give you a backup of being a teacher because you need an undergraduate university degree to become a teacher (at least in Ontario, not sure about other provinces but I imagine it is the same).
            Ya its the same thing, but i just have a good 4-5 years before i go into firefighting so if i can get a chance to not pay for college and play ball for a couple years.. ill take that.. then go into whatever i need. Hopefully i wont need a back up plan for fightiing but a degree in a trade cant be a bad thing right?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Ya its the same thing, but i just have a good 4-5 years before i go into firefighting so if i can get a chance to not pay for college and play ball for a couple years.. ill take that.. then go into whatever i need. Hopefully i wont need a back up plan for fightiing but a degree in a trade cant be a bad thing right?

Or you can go Semipro

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

No, college degrees can be great. Just wanted to make sure you weren't being misguided. And free education is always a nice little bonus also.

You should do some volunteer firefighting if you have the chance. Can't hurt when you're looking for a paid gig.

Comment

No, college degrees can be great. Just wanted to make sure you weren't being misguided. And free education is always a nice little bonus also.

You should do some volunteer firefighting if you have the chance. Can't hurt when you're looking for a paid gig.
                  I have done some stuff with the fire halls around here for the past year or so... and a couple of my better freinds have dads who are high up in the senority. So hopefully that will help out. Plus im a good kid and i mean im pretty big and athletic.. so i could handle the physical part extremly well

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                    cause ur tall.

whered you get your offers?
                    Height definitely is not everything. I know a guy who was 7'3" and played all his life but didn't get one D-1 offer because he had no talent.

I got offers from:
                    Rutgers
                    Hartford
                    Southern Illinois
                    Delaware
                    UC Santa Barbara
                    UC Davis
                    Central Florida
                    a few others I can't remember....

Comment

Your right. Out west is the same as here. If he were to go to college first, universeities would only veiw it as about 1st year of university. So in a way unless,you have the marks to get to unversity right away, then its probably the best thing to do.

Comment

Height definitely is not everything. I know a guy who was 7'3" and played all his life but didn't get one D-1 offer because he had no talent.

I got offers from:
                        Rutgers
                        Hartford
                        Southern Illinois
                        Delaware
                        UC Santa Barbara
                        UC Davis
                        Central Florida
                        a few others I can't remember....
                        you turned down Rutgers!!??!?!?!? what the hell is wrong with you????
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          you turned down Rutgers!!??!?!?!? what the hell is wrong with you????
                          Ummmmmm yea, academically:
                          Duke>Rutgers

Comment

Ummmmmm yea, academically:
                            Duke>Rutgers
                            psssh you coulda played with Douby(maybe, depending what year)

Rutgers has pretty good academics now...

and RU football>>>>>Duke football. everyone knows sports>academics when picking a college. Why do you think DChess is at WVU, and why so many people go to "the U"
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

haha oh hell no.. im no where near that good... my shot would have to increase ten fold and my dribbling would have to be a lot better for that. We have extreme talent up here.. they just all live in vancouver or toronto
                              I stand by my statement. I have faith.

Paul

New York Giants
                              New York Yankees
                              New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                              UConn Basketball
                              Virginia Tech Football
                              UConn Football

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                                psssh you coulda played with Douby(maybe, depending what year)

Rutgers has pretty good academics now...

and RU football>>>>>Duke football. everyone knows sports>academics when picking a college. Why do you think DChess is at WVU, and why so many people go to "the U"
                                LOL, way before Douby. Also, I'm pretty sure thats just people on this forum that pick sports over academics.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information