Scholarship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
    LOL, way before Douby. Also, I'm pretty sure thats just people on this forum that pick sports over academics.
    yea, i know. still, i just want to go to Rutgers. I havent even looked at other schools yet lol
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
      Height definitely is not everything. I know a guy who was 7'3" and played all his life but didn't get one D-1 offer because he had no talent.

I got offers from:
      Rutgers
      Hartford
      Southern Illinois
      Delaware
      UC Santa Barbara
      UC Davis
      Central Florida
      a few others I can't remember....
      The best choice there is the Salukis I think.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Hoops, every time I think of you I think of a clip from the Simpsons where the showed the Canadian Olympic Basketball Team missing a lay-up.

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
          Hoops, every time I think of you I think of a clip from the Simpsons where the showed the Canadian Olympic Basketball Team missing a lay-up.
          LOL, no it was Bart who went for a lay-up, and was no where near getting it in, and the Canadian player said "Whoa, your good, you could play for us". hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
            LOL, no it was Bart who went for a lay-up, and was no where near getting it in, and the Canadian player said "Whoa, your good, you could play for us". hahahah
            yeah yeah that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
              I don't think they have those in Canada.

I just don't get the point of going to college if you want to be a teacher, unless you don't have the marks to get into university (which would be surprising if you want to be a teacher). You're going to have to get a university degree anyway, so why waste time getting a college degree you won't use?
              There might be a semantic confusion here. College here is those which only offer bachelor degrees, and universities offer Masters and Doctorates. Casually, though, both are called college, and university is used when specification is needed.

If there's not a confusion, I'm not sure if I know what you mean. You have to get a bachelor's degree first (usually) before you get a Masters, and then a Doctorates. Is it different in Canada? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know for sure.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                There might be a semantic confusion here. College here is those which only offer bachelor degrees, and universities offer Masters and Doctorates. Casually, though, both are called college, and university is used when specification is needed.

If there's not a confusion, I'm not sure if I know what you mean. You have to get a bachelor's degree first (usually) before you get a Masters, and then a Doctorates. Is it different in Canada? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know for sure.
                In Canada:

Colleges are 2 year programs, most of the time. A person who would go to a college would walk away with a certificate rather than a degree. Where as a universtiy is a 4 years school and you walk away with a Bachelor's degree, and can also do your Master or Doctorates there as well.

Thats the bigger difference. I guess the closest comparison would be to compare a college from Canada to a Community College in the States. And then a University in Canada to that of a College or University in the States.

Comment

juice up.. maybe a better college comes up, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                    In Canada:

Colleges are 2 year programs, most of the time. A person who would go to a college would walk away with a certificate rather than a degree. Where as a universtiy is a 4 years school and you walk away with a Bachelor's degree, and can also do your Master or Doctorates there as well.

Thats the bigger difference. I guess the closest comparison would be to compare a college from Canada to a Community College in the States. And then a University in Canada to that of a College or University in the States.
                    ive been looking at U of Guelph.

Comment

I have some friends that go there. I went for a visit a couple weekends ago. Fun time.

Comment

I have some friends that go there. I went for a visit a couple weekends ago. Fun time.
                        Moses you have 11,111 posts on 11/11. Coincidence?

Comment

Fisch, go to UConn. We can be roomates and when I bring girls over to the dorm, you can masturbate in the corner, and vice versa.

Paul

New York Giants
                          New York Yankees
                          New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                          UConn Basketball
                          Virginia Tech Football
                          UConn Football

Comment

I've been planning it for years. Finally I can retire from this website.

Comment

I've been planning it for years. Finally I can retire from this website.
                              nope, 11,112. youve ruined it Moses now you can't retire :)

Comment

Seriously? They had one hell of a season for football this year. Too bad they lost in the Ontario Finals yesterday. No one expected them to beat Laurier (Moses), but I was ecstatic when they won. Especially the way they roared after the 1st quarter. CRAZY! I got a lot of friends and former teammates that play at Guelph and Western, but there was always soemthing about Guelph that I had a soft spot for. Could be that their former HC Tom Arnott, began coaching at my HS in my senior year, and I really like him as a coach.

Guelph is a good school tho. Are you really considering it?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information