Official Thanksgiving Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moses View Post
    My high school basketball coach was the best. The only conditioning we did was a fast break drill.
    That's weak, when I played JV basketball my freshman year the first three days of tryouts was strictly on the tracks and weight room, at least 30 kids were cut first day just cause they couldn't run the 5 miles.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
      That's weak, when I played JV basketball my freshman year the first three days of tryouts was strictly on the tracks and weight room, at least 30 kids were cut first day just cause they couldn't run the 5 miles.
      Meh, not to be arrogant but we were better served without wasting time on conditioning. Already a very athletic team and basically everybody was in shape. Plus, we play right after football season (and most guys play both sports) so the conditioning was already there. Plus we had been practicing for months before our first game so you get into condition just from running through drills.

Comment

Meh, not to be arrogant but we were better served without wasting time on conditioning. Already a very athletic team and basically everybody was in shape. Plus, we play right after football season (and most guys play both sports) so the conditioning was already there. Plus we had been practicing for months before our first game so you get into condition just from running through drills.
        Yeah I understand that, although football condition and basketball condition are two entirely different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
          Yeah I understand that, although football condition and basketball condition are two entirely different things.
          True, although we were practicing basketball before the first football game even happened so most guys would catch up with the basketball conditioning pretty fast. A lot of our players were runningbacks, receivers, track athletes, etc. also which helped.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
            I haven't, I probably would like that more. Regular turkey is way to dry for me.
            My father makes a "beer butt chicken". Im not exactly sure how he does it. But he sticks a beer can (half full) up the chickens butt, and grills it for however long. Juicy and delicious.

Edit: google imaged it, and realized its not very secret?

Comment

Isn't Thanksgiving generally a dinner-time thing? Don't see how he would miss Thanksgiving.
              well i cant go away to Virginia so that kills it a bit. i cant eat as much, which sucks. and the fact that the worst 2 hours of the year await me withing 24 hours hangs over my head all day. just overal not enjoyable haha.
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                well i cant go away to Virginia so that kills it a bit. i cant eat as much, which sucks. and the fact that the worst 2 hours of the year await me withing 24 hours hangs over my head all day. just overal not enjoyable haha.
                I'd feel sad too if I couldn't go down to VA, VA is the ish.

Comment

The best part about Thanksgiving is the night before.
                  Originally posted by nvot9
                  I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                  Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                  Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                  Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                  Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    Oh hush you bitter Bears fan. Two likely playoff teams that are 1 and 2 in the division is about as good as you can get.
                    Lions are vastly overrated and will get destroyed by the Packers.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                      Lions are vastly overrated and will get destroyed by the Packers.
                      Well that'll be fun to watch won't it? I kind of agree with you though. I expect them to lose to New York next week and then fall to just a game over .500 at 6-5 after Thanksgiving. By losing to Arizona I think they blew their shot at Kitna's prediction. I just can't see them winning 4 of their last seven.

Comment

My friends are comin back from their respective universities and we're going to have a massive game of Football thanksgiving weekend. I'm so pumped. Haven't seen them since the summer.
                        Originally posted by 7-11
                        Originally posted by Renji
                        Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                        But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

Thanksgivings do rock. Eating a sack worth of mashed potatoes and growing groggy in front of the flickering football game.

Ah yes.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                            damn...I wash Canadians took Thanksgiving as seriously as Americans...I want a four day holiday :( (I asuume you guys get Thursday and Friday off)
                            I get the whole week off! :) I will be hitting up Denny's with my family like we do for every holiday because we are too lazy to cook.

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                              I get the whole week off! :) I will be hitting up Denny's with my family like we do for every holiday because we are too lazy to cook.
                              Haha please tell me you are serious.

Comment

Thanksgiving is going to be cool. 3 Days at home, no class, nothing really to do, I'll get to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in a long time. And then theres Thanksgiving itself, which will be the best meal I've had in months, cause of the ****** dorm food.

sig by VLS
                                Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                                I don't care...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information