For Men Only...No Girls allowed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
    In my opinion if you want to act tough and be manly, and carry a riffle then join the army. Atleast there if your waiting for your opponent they will be shooting back at you. I just dont know how hunting can be seen as manly. A manly thing to me is the UFC, boxing, etc. When 2 people are attacking each other, and its a fair fight. Not when one is sitting in a tree waiting for the opponent to walk by to get blind sided. Im not here to say I agree or disagree with hunting. Im not here to argue that, but what I will do is say its not manly.
    Notice the part where I said "when the alternative is sitting on your ass being spoon-fed." Meaning that it is more manly to hunt and kill your own food than to have those tasks carried out for you. Much in the same way you might consider UFC fighting to be a more manly activity than ballet dancing.

I'll also point out that I've never been on a hunting trip in my life. Never really got the chance as kid, and now I'm not permitted to carry a firearm.

Comment

• Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
      Well, theoretically speaking we could all survive without eating animals now.

We don't need to kill any animals to continue to live... they just happen to be delicious.
      Everything we eat was alive at some point. I wasn't just talking about the death of animals with that last line. People who object to the killing of animals for human consumption seem very confused to me. Like they watched bambi one too many times or something.

Comment

What? I don't care if people want to hunt, go for it. I'm sure most people here don't really care, but since it started with all non hunters being called women, we argued back about why we don't.
        joke - [johk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, joked, jok·ing.
        –noun 1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.
        2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

We don't think you are women because you don't hunt. There's nothing wrong with not hunting, it doesn't make you less of a man.

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
          LOL city slicker.
          Ever see the movie?

Anyways, I'm thankful for everyone who doesn't enjoy hunting... more animals for me to engage and less surplus of hunters.

The only think I don't like about hunting is how expensive it is.... In the past 3 or 4 years I have probably dropped more than five grand on firearms, equipment, and travel.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Hunting is a challenge that I enjoy because of the difficulty involved plus the benefits of fresh venison. I hunt in a national forest and once went 5 years without getting a deer (only had buck tag and saw all doe) but still was out there from 5 in the morning til 5 at night in rain, sleet, snow, freezing temps, etc. It's not just go sit down and wait an hour for a deer to come by and shoot it, there is a ton of dedication involved if you want to be successful at it. I understand people's moral objections to hunting, but dont hate on people who want to get their own food instead of driving to a butcher to get domesticated meat that doesn't taste as good. I dont know how much 100 lbs of venison would cost from a butcher, but it's a hell of a lot more than a box of ammo.
            JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• How has this thread not been locked yet?

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                We don't think you are women because you don't hunt. There's nothing wrong with not hunting, it doesn't make you less of a man.
                And, if you look back at the original replies, all the non hunters were mostly joking as well. But god knows you can't joke on this forum, because at some point the back and forth joking became real arguing.

In other words, the fact that anyone couldn't see this coming when he made the original joke speaks volumes about the naivety on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  Ever see the movie?

Anyways, I'm thankful for everyone who doesn't enjoy hunting... more animals for me to engage and less surplus of hunters.

The only think I don't like about hunting is how expensive it is.... In the past 3 or 4 years I have probably dropped more than five grand on firearms, equipment, and travel.
                  I think I seen it like 15 years ago. I just thought it was funny that you called somebody city slicker.
                  Originally posted by nvot9
                  I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                  Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                  Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                  Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                  Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• None today :(

Comment

• one time, i hit a deer with my car. i was looking to upgrade on the POS. Kelly Blue Book said i'd be lucky to get $250 from salvage yard. and for some dumb reason i still had collision coverage. insurance company considered the car a total loss and gave me a check for $1250. down payment on a new car right there.

also, about 10 years ago my ex girlfriend hit a deer with her van on the highway. i was in the passenger seat and the deer pretty much exploded on impact, flew in the air and hit the ground and blood spurted out like it was a water balloon. my ex girlfriend says "AHHHH, IS IT DEAD?!" it was a very Boondock Saints moment.

point is; i don't hunt, i'm a peace loving hippie and the idea of killing something for pleasure doesn't sit well with me. but, i'm glad other people hunt, because the more deer you shoot, the less i have to hit with my car.

also, i've always been kinda conflicted because while i wouldn't want to shoot a deer, the idea of sitting in the woods with a bunch of friends drinking beer sounds excellent to me.

i would love it if there was a chicken hunting season...becuase chickens taste really good....and if we didn't eat chickens, wtf would they do all day?
                      Last edited by drowe; 11-15-2007, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by drowe View Post
                        also, about 10 years ago my ex girlfriend hit a deer with her van on the highway. i was in the passenger seat and the deer pretty much exploded on impact, flew in the air and hit the ground and blood spurted out like it was a water balloon. my ex girlfriend says "AHHHH, IS IT DEAD?!" it was a very Boondock Saints moment.
                        Almost as disgusting as my friend's story about hitting a deer while they were in a convertible. They has to reach through **** and guts to undo their seatbelts, and take the deer off of their laps.
                        Last edited by CannedToast; 11-15-2007, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Almost as disgusting as my friend's story about hitting a deer while they were in a convertible. They has to read through **** and guts to undo their seatbelts, and take the deer off of their laps.
                          Pretty much. Even with cleaning a deer, that's never pretty. On my first(and only) deer, when me and my dad were cleaning it(I was 13) the bladder exploded and well, you can imagine...

Comment

• I enjoy the hunting experience, but I don't go because 1) I hate the cold, and 2) I hate cleaning and gutting the animal. It's gross. But I'll go with my dad or some buddies and sit in the woods, I just won't shoot. It's fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information