Your methods of cheating on a test?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
    Most of life, not all, youll have someone to rely on. Whats wrong with getting a couple answers from someone?

I would be the best teacher. If my students wanted to cheat, go ahead, they would only be hurting themselves. and I wouldnt give homework :)

edit: you might be thinking, if I think like that, why do I cheat on tests? Well thats because Im not old enough to realize im screwing myself over for the future. I hate being lazy.
    How about the fact that the purpose of school is not to get good grades but to learn...studying and actually learning is the best way to gaurantee a good grade.

Tests are actually useful tools to gage what a student has learned so if you were a semi-decent teacher you would care.

Comment

you might be thinking, if I think like that, why do I cheat on tests? Well thats because Im not old enough to realize im screwing myself over for the future. I hate being lazy.
      I dunno, i think with alot of subjects you're not really screwing yourself over at all. If you want to be an engineer for example and need higher grades to get into college (i dont really understand how your school system works but whatever), and your english marks are letting you down then how is it going to hurt you in the future to cheat in an english test?

Not saying you should, just trying to give another point of view

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
        I dunno, i think with alot of subjects you're not really screwing yourself over at all. If you want to be an engineer for example and need higher grades to get into college (i dont really understand how your school system works but whatever), and your english marks are letting you down then how is it going to hurt you in the future to cheat in an english test?

Not saying you should, just trying to give another point of view
        good point, but I have absolutely no idea what Im gonna go to college for. The only thing I know is sports. Not too many Majors in that subject.

Comment

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
          How about the fact that the purpose of school is not to get good grades but to learn...studying and actually learning is the best way to gaurantee a good grade.

Tests are actually useful tools to gage what a student has learned so if you were a semi-decent teacher you would care.
          Yeah I didnt really get anywhere with that post..

Comment

Yeah I didnt really get anywhere with that post..
            Would, "get off your ass and study" work better?

Comment

good point, but I have absolutely no idea what Im gonna go to college for. The only thing I know is sports. Not too many Majors in that subject.
              Yeah that hurts, I'm pretty much the same but I'm already at university, doing a finance/economics degree and i have no idea why. Physiotherapy is about the only thing i can come up with that I'm even slightly interested in and the only reason being its just about the most sport related profession i can come up with.
              What is the world raising these days? a bunch of kids that can rattle of every starting player in the NFL but struggle to remember the 1st 5 elements on the periodic table.

Comment

Most of life, not all, youll have someone to rely on. Whats wrong with getting a couple answers from someone?

I would be the best teacher. If my students wanted to cheat, go ahead, they would only be hurting themselves. and I wouldnt give homework :)

edit: you might be thinking, if I think like that, why do I cheat on tests? Well thats because Im not old enough to realize im screwing myself over for the future. I hate being lazy.
                You're cheating yourself and your classmates if you cheat. You cheapen everybody's education.

And trust me, you won't be able to rely on people your whole life. If you do, you're nothing but a leecher.

But hey, you're in high school, you're not supposed to know what the real world is like. :D

Comment

The only thing i really cheated on were Vocab Quizzes. Just not good at remembering vocab words.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

About 3/4ths of my Intro to Astronomy class last year cheated. Our teacher gave the same tests to his Tues/Thurs and Mon/Wed/Fri classes. We had tests on Fri they had them on thurs. Someone would go on thurs, get a copy of each test, and leave. We would fill out the answers and pass the questions to anyone we knew in the class.

On the final the girl next to me found out, and got pissed. I hurried up, turned it in and got the hell out of their. She didn't know who I was, so she couldn't tell the professor. Hell, he didn't know who I was so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

I cheated all the time in HS, even though I didn't really need to. If I spent a half hour studying, I would have easily gotten A's. I usually took longer than that devising a cheating system. But, our class valedictorian had a crush on me, so if I had her for a class, I sat next to her and she let me cheat. She would get pissed off at ANYONE else who cheated from her, but I'm special.

Now that I no longer have large classes, it is in no way worth it to cheat. Instead, I just try to get classes where we write essays instead of take tests.
                    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                      You're cheating yourself and your classmates if you cheat. You cheapen everybody's education.

And trust me, you won't be able to rely on people your whole life. If you do, you're nothing but a leecher.

But hey, you're in high school, you're not supposed to know what the real world is like. :D
                      The way I see it, the less work you have to do to get ahead, the better. It is always better to pawn work off on someone else and be able to take the credit. Is that unethical, probably, but if I can get away with it, I am damn sure going to do it.

You have got to be kidding me with those first two sentences. You cheapen everyones education? Come on, most of the stuff you learn is pointless anyway, even in college.

It depends how well you can manipulate people into how much you can depend on others. Again, probably unethical, but the people who are unethical tend to be the most successful.

That all being said, I no longer cheat. The risks are not worth the rewards once I have gotten into my major. Being kicked out of school and off the football team is not worth saving an hour or two of studying for tests a week.
                      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post

How about the fact that just about everything you learn you only learn for the test and forget shortly after? The point of school is to get good grades. What you learn in school really doesn't matter. Just about all of it is completely pointless after you leave school.

I am a history major, yet tell me what job I could possibly have that I would need to know specific historical dates, and not be able to look them up?
                        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                          The way I see it, the less work you have to do to get ahead, the better. It is always better to pawn work off on someone else and be able to take the credit. Is that unethical, probably, but if I can get away with it, I am damn sure going to do it.

You have got to be kidding me with those first two sentences. You cheapen everyones education? Come on, most of the stuff you learn is pointless anyway, even in college.

It depends how well you can manipulate people into how much you can depend on others. Again, probably unethical, but the people who are unethical tend to be the most successful.

That all being said, I no longer cheat. The risks are not worth the rewards once I have gotten into my major. Being kicked out of school and off the football team is not worth saving an hour or two of studying for tests a week.
                          There is too much ethical thinking on this board, I'm pretty sure I don't even have any. I'll cheat and lie my way through life, as long as it doesn't hurt people i really have no problem with it. Sad, but true

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                            There is too much ethical thinking on this board, I'm pretty sure I don't even have any. I'll cheat and lie my way through life, as long as it doesn't hurt people i really have no problem with it. Sad, but true
                            No kidding, sorry to all you people who have ethics, the people without them are going to pass you up in every way. You won't even be able to look back at your life and feel better about it, because I don't feel guilty about what I do in any way, shape or form.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post

How do you think it reflects on graduates from the same school if they go into the workplace unprepared because they cheated their way through school? Worse, what if they get caught and it becomes big news. This has happened and it absolutely decimates a school's academic reputation which in turn cheapens your degree. Also, it creates an unfair playing field because your classmates who are cheating are achieving better marks than you, making you look worse by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                                How do you think it reflects on graduates from the same school if they go into the workplace unprepared because they cheated their way through school? Worse, what if they get caught and it becomes big news. This has happened and it absolutely decimates a school's academic reputation which in turn cheapens your degree. Also, it creates an unfair playing field because your classmates who are cheating are achieving better marks than you, making you look worse by comparison.
                                With the rampant grade inflation going on in colleges around the country(probably also the world) getting better grades by cheating doesn't mean a whole lot. The ability to cheat and get away with it is at least as useful, if not more useful, than the actual learning going on in college. Life is not fair, it cannot and will not ever be fair. You can be on the side that complains how it isn't fair, or you can take matters into your own hands. I would prefer to take matters into my own hands, but only when the rewards outweigh the risks.

Tell me, for the vast majority of graduates, who do not end up even using their degree as they intended, what good does knowing the specifics you are taught in school do you? What exactly will I need to know a specific historical date for? What will someone who majors in biology, but ends up working in a cubicle(because face it, the vast majority of people do end up working that type of job) need to know about the specifics of biology, that any competent person can easily look up?
                                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information