Your methods of cheating on a test?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
    Dude, youre being pretty naive if you actually think we can come up with examples, but youre being even more naive if you think it doesnt happen
    It is really easy to come up with examples. Those people busted for insider trading? Ya, how long do they serve? A couple years at the most? And they have to pay back a couple million? They still made out like bandits. White collar crime pays. You spend a year or two in jail, and pay back half of what you gained.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by someone447 View Post
      Martha Stewart, Bill Gates and Microsoft(remember all those antitrust allegations), John D Rockefeller(for a historical example), do you need me to keep going on? Just think about it.
      Martha got CAUGHT. Tell me how that is benefiting her? It had NOTHING to do with her building her business. She built it with ingenuity.

These are just examples of people trying to cheat in the stock market. It has nothing to do with how they built their businesses. Hard work, ingenuity, and a little bit of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
        I'm not going to even begin to tell you how wrong that is. Cheating isn't something that is "built" into some, but not others. No one is "born" a larger cheater than someone else.
        how is it? Some people feel horrible after cheating and lying, maybe its not as i said, 'built into them', maybe its their upbringing? But the fact remains some people have no problem cheating to get ahead while others are quite bothered by it, i think this is pretty well demonstrated in this thread.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
            How would a test be a problem if you have learned what is being taught? You don't need to cheat to pass if you know the subject matter.
            Why should I spend hours a night studying something that I will not ever truly need? When instead I can spend an hour the night before a test preparing how I am going to cheat?

I base it on what my time is worth to me. If the knowledge is worth my time learning it, I will learn it. If my time is worth the risk of getting caught, I will cheat. If my time is worth less than the risk of getting caught, I will not cheat.
            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Martha got CAUGHT. Tell me how that is benefiting her? It had NOTHING to do with her building her business. She built it with ingenuity.

These are just examples of people trying to cheat in the stock market. It has nothing to do with how they built their businesses. Hard work, ingenuity, and a little bit of luck.
              How long did she spend in jail? How much money did she make from it? Yes, she benefitted.

Gates and Rockefeller violated antitrust laws. That was building their businesses.
              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm not going to even begin to tell you how wrong that is. Cheating isn't something that is "built" into some, but not others. No one is "born" a larger cheater than someone else.
                Not built in the way he is talking about. But my experiences and my upbringing has led me to believe that it is not wrong.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                  how is it? Some people feel horrible after cheating and lying, maybe its not as i said, 'built into them', maybe its their upbringing? But the fact remains some people have no problem cheating to get ahead while others are quite bothered by it, i think this is pretty well demonstrated in this thread.
                  Obviously cheating doesn't bother some people and does bother others. Cheating would be something we all do to some degree, but how much and how comfortable we are with it would have a lot to do with our socialization. But it isn't something that you're born with or not.

Comment

Yeah thats what i was alluding to, we're only going to be able to come up with negative examples cause those that cheat and succeed at it arent exactly going to yell it from the rooftops. I'm not sayin, nor did i ever say cheating is the one and onyl method of being successful, of course you still need to be good at what you do, but in many cases cheating to get ahead will just tip you over the edge

Comment

Not built in the way he is talking about. But my experiences and my upbringing has led me to believe that it is not wrong.
                      Yay? I never said anything about that.

Comment

• i didnt bother reading any of the pages, just the first few posts.

anyway since most of the tests we take our multiple choice on the ScanTron sheet, we use fingers to represent the letter. 1=A 2=B 3=C and so on, you just hold up how many fingers the letter is.

another way was in math, i sat in the front row so i couldnt use my cell phone, so i had my friends "type" the answers into a calculator and then he would walk by and we would discretly switch calcs. worked like a charm, never got caught and got at least 98% right.
                        Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
                        I smoke ten blunts before lunch
                        Gucci Mane

Comment

How long did she spend in jail? How much money did she make from it? Yes, she benefitted.

Gates and Rockefeller violated antitrust laws. That was building their businesses.
                          She wasn't convicted of insider trading. Learn your stuff. Also, her business suffered huge losses from the scandal. Nice try though.

Do you even know what antitrust laws are? Gates violated those laws long after he was the world's richest man.

Comment

Yay? I never said anything about that.
                            I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was stating what I thought he meant.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Explain how option #2 is better than #1:

1) Go to college. Study, go to class, and do the tests to the best of your ability.

2) Go to college. Don't study or go to class. Cheat so you can get a degree with some good marks on your transcript.

Comment

She wasn't convicted of insider trading. Learn your stuff. Also, her business suffered huge losses from the scandal. Nice try though.

Do you even know what antitrust laws are? Gates violated those laws long after he was the world's richest man.
                                She still came out with more money personally had she not done it. OJ wasn't convicted of murder either...

Yes, I know what antitrust laws are. That was just a single example. If he violated those, do you honestly think he didn't break laws throughout the emergence of microsoft?

Weren't you on the steroids thread saying you thought a lot of athletes were juicing? How is this any different?
                                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information