What to get for the holidays?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to get for the holidays?

I need some help, as I'm sure others do.

My parents expect a list for the holidays by Thanksgiving. I like presents and all, but not much is tickling my fancy.

Right now, I want College Hoops 2K8, a new traveling coffee mug, and a new backpack, but past that I got nothing.

I kind of want cash, but my parents are never too keen on just giving me money. Any suggestions/what are you getting? I'm 21 if that helps.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post

My parents expect a list for the holidays by Thanksgiving. I like presents and all, but not much is tickling my fancy.

Right now, I want College Hoops 2K8, a new traveling coffee mug, and a new backpack, but past that I got nothing.

I kind of want cash, but my parents are never too keen on just giving me money. Any suggestions/what are you getting? I'm 21 if that helps.
    Im in the same boat. I really have everything I want/need right now. It probably going to be the same thing like every other year. Clothes, shoes, jersey's, maybe a game or two. Unless I can think of anything else.

Comment

There is always Assassin's Creed if you are interested in that game, came out today. Other than that I think I'd see how keen they are on a alcohol supply, probably not very, but worth a try. What I do mostly is buy some clothes for myself then get them for Christmas. Not a surprise but at least I like the gifts.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

You get presents for Thanksgiving? Geez.

If you don't want anything, why not have your parents make a charitable contribution for a cause you believe in? You'll feel good about yourself and do some good at the same time. Once I asked my parents for these lottery tickets for Heart & Stroke. The great thing is you can win awesome prizes (cars, 1 million dollars, boats, etc.) and you're donating to charity at the same time. Tickets were $100 each and you had like a 1 in 6 chance of winning something. Win-win situation if you ask me.

Comment

If you don't want cash, just ask them for something that's as good as cash. Amazon gift card, iTunes, Best Buy, etc. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking my parents for booze...

I had my parents buy me a new golf bag. I needed it, and it only cost $100. Of course, I also got them a weekend trip at a Bed & Breakfast.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I got an iPod Touch a few weeks ago, I really like it.

I usually ask my parents for gift certificates to places I go a lot if I can't think of anything else.

Comment

gift cards are always a good bet. My parents dont like giving me money either cause they think i'll waste it on booze, so they get me gas cards and best buy or walmart gift cards.
              JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                You get presents for Thanksgiving? Geez.

If you don't want anything, why not have your parents make a charitable contribution for a cause you believe in? You'll feel good about yourself and do some good at the same time. Once I asked my parents for these lottery tickets for Heart & Stroke. The great thing is you can win awesome prizes (cars, 1 million dollars, boats, etc.) and you're donating to charity at the same time. Tickets were $100 each and you had like a 1 in 6 chance of winning something. Win-win situation if you ask me.
                No, his parents WANT a list by Thanksgiving. Probably so they can get an early jump on shopping. The states have their Thanksgiving next week.

Comment

any seasons of the West Wing you don't already have...that's my christmas list:)

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                    any seasons of the West Wing you don't already have...that's my christmas list:)
                    Ha, my best friend last year bought me the $200 full 7 season set, I've watched all 7 seasons about 3 and a half times.

Thanks everyone. I don't think I want any more XBox games cause I have Halo, never played NCAA and MAdden as much as I wanted, so I'm content there. Giftcards is a likely option, I never know to where though. KEep them coming!

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

What about tickets to a sports game that you would like to go to?
                      Originally posted by nvot9
                      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Does anybody else in there 20s still give Christmas lists to their parents and receive a bunch of gifts? Definitely doesn't work that way in my family once you move out of the house. :(

Comment

I prefer the element of surprise. See how well my parent's know me.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Ha, my best friend last year bought me the $200 full 7 season set, I've watched all 7 seasons about 3 and a half times.

Thanks everyone. I don't think I want any more XBox games cause I have Halo, never played NCAA and MAdden as much as I wanted, so I'm content there. Giftcards is a likely option, I never know to where though. KEep them coming!
                            Well, I had a goal set a few years back, and it was to get ONE jersey from each NFL team. Right now I am at about 21 different teams, but I have doubles for some teams, 2 from DAL, NE, BUF, and TEN. I used to spend all the money I had on jersey's, but times have changesd, and I need money for other things now going to college, but Im probably going to get at least another jersey for Christmas, and it doesnt hurt that my birthday is on the 19th of Dec, well sometimes it does. But ya, football jersey's.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                              Does anybody else in there 20s still give Christmas lists to their parents and receive a bunch of gifts? Definitely doesn't work that way in my family once you move out of the house. :(
                              By then it's khaki and car accessory time.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information