Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer School

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Summer School

    Anyone here ever taken summer school? I'm probably going to take 1-2 courses this summer semester. Its a small workload overall but its going to take some getting used to seeing as how ive never done it before. Its not going to be fun studying in July, but its either take summer school or take 7 courses next semester, which is 2 more than the reccomended courseload.

  • #2
    I know that summer classes here are hard. They shove a semester's worth of work into 5 weeks.

    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BrentN View Post
      I know that summer classes here are hard. They shove a semester's worth of work into 5 weeks.
      I also know several people who thought they were easy. A friend of mine took a summer course recently. The class was supposed to meet twice a week for three hours, but the professor would call it quits after an hour or so every time so he could go play golf.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        I also know several people who thought they were easy. A friend of mine took a summer course recently. The class was supposed to meet twice a week for three hours, but the professor would call it quits after an hour or so every time so he could go play golf.
        I'm thinking the exact same thing. I've taken summer school almost every summer so far and except for one class it was pretty chill.

        I took a sociology class that was 2 hours and 30 minutes long, but it feels so much shorter than my 50 minute classes or 1 hr and 15 minute classes i have now.

        also i had to take my microbiology lab over because I got a D and the summer class was so chill, there was 1 less test (out of 2) and they don't expect THAT much from you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by soybean View Post
          I'm thinking the exact same thing. I've taken summer school almost every summer so far and except for one class it was pretty chill.

          I took a sociology class that was 2 hours and 30 minutes long, but it feels so much shorter than my 50 minute classes or 1 hr and 15 minute classes i have now.
          That's because Sociology is one of the most fun courses you can take if you get the right prof. However, if you get the wrong one, it's a horrible horrible horrible course.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
            That's because Sociology is one of the most fun courses you can take if you get the right prof. However, if you get the wrong one, it's a horrible horrible horrible course.
            mine was the nicest "grandma" you'd ever meet.

            and my microbio class was a very nice chubby grad student.

            so you're right, it depends on the teach.

            Comment


            • #7
              I took them not this past summer, but the one before that. I loved it, one of my best summers. I stayed on campus, took two classes, relaxed, it was great. Professors were less rigorous and expected a little less. And it made me feel a lot more ease during the year.


              Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

              Comment


              • #8
                Very funny movie.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                Comment


                • #9
                  summer school sucks i recommend it to NO ONE!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    At least here at ASU, it makes much more sense to take summer school at a community college rather than the school itself just for the fact that it is sooooooooo much cheaper.


                    Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I took an economics course by correspondence. Sucks when you have to go to work 7 days a week and then come home and do school work.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        take online-----so much easier; we had 2 2-3 page papers due every 2 days; but they were so easy and got a 10/10 for answering all the questions

                        also took one at the community college----it sucked 3 hrs 45 min 2 days a week---it was an english class; only good thing was i keep all my papers from high school, and we had a 5-10 page paper to write, so i just changed the date on a high school paper, and turned that in; got a "B"

                        if you have the option, take online class

                        cred 2 BoneKrusher

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X

                        Debug Information