No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Galaxy's flexibility with different environments, views, etc. make it an excellent game. I think you guys are a bit caught up in nostalgia for Mario 64. Perhaps you should go and play it again before you make that final judgement.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      I think Galaxy's flexibility with different environments, views, etc. make it an excellent game. I think you guys are a bit caught up in nostalgia for Mario 64. Perhaps you should go and play it again before you make that final judgement.
      Maybe I am, and I often wonder if I am, but I do still think it's amazing, at least for it's time.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Once it's available on the Virtual Console, I absolutely recommend downloading it and playing it again. The only way to effectively compare these games is to play them basically side by side. Obviously, Galaxy has superior graphics. Other than that? I cannot say.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Once it's available on the Virtual Console, I absolutely recommend downloading it and playing it again. The only way to effectively compare these games is to play them basically side by side. Obviously, Galaxy has superior graphics. Other than that? I cannot say.
          I think it's available for Wii Shop. I've bought Super Mario Bros. recently...not sure how I forgot that you can't save your game in it, lol. I might try to get it, but I still have "the real thing," so I dunno.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Virtual Console/Wii Shop is an addictive experience...

Comment

They're the same thing then? k, I don't think I had heard it called Virtual Console, but whatever.

Super Mario Bros. is the only game I have...my Wii Internet only recently started working. It apparently wasn't compatible with my wireless router (Netgear), but just recently it worked. I think it may have been Galaxy, since when I got it it did a lengthy system update and suddenly the forecast channel and news channel screens were lit. That, and I think I remember reading that they were trying to develop a system update to make the Wii compatible with the routers.

Problem is, it's pretty in-and-out. Not sure why. It took me three tries to download Super Mario Bros., not to mention the several times when I couldn't get into the Wii Shop or to further screens within it without getting an error message.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

I downloaded Super Mario 64 when I first got my Wii...(about 6 months ago) so I know it's been available that long...

I beat 64 when it came out on the 64 and then I beat it again when it came out on the virtual console for the Wii...and so far Galaxy is far superior...now don't get me wrong, Super Mario 64 was WAYYY! ahead of its time, but the angles, movement and graphics, not to mention storyline and such...make it a much better version of 64...

Comment

Me and my buddies had a boxing tournament 2 nights ago, that **** was intense, the Wii is ******* awesome to play drunk

BTW I dominated my 1st time ever playing that too

Comment

I played super paper mario a bunch this past weekend. So much fun. I wish I had a wii. :(

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                      I played super paper mario a bunch this past weekend. So much fun. I wish I had a wii. :(
                      Yes it is. But I got stuck on a level awhile back and have never played it since.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

I hit the wall in Galaxy with about 60 stars. I sort of want to play it, but I know I'll enjoy it more if I only play it for fun and not because I feel obligated too. I probably won't play it again for a few months...

Comment

suggestions for a rental tomorrow?
                          it is a free rental that expires tomorrow so i think its worth seeing if there are any games on anyones list that they want to know my opinion on it.

I have already rented Galaxy btw and i liked it, probably buy it later.
                          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                          JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

what about Trauma Center: New Blood or

Zak and Wiki: quest for barbaros' treasure?\

or Man Hunt 2...

Comment

Maybe Battalion Wars 2 or Fire Emblem?

Comment

I know. THe only games I have purchased are Super Mario World and Super Mario Brothers 3. But this isn't because I don't want to, I'm afraid I'll run out of room on my Wii before more games I REALLY want are released.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
                                Super Smash Brothers
                                Wrestlemania 2000
                                Goldeneye 64
                                Mercs (Sega Genesis)
                                Starfox (SNES)

I'm forgetting a bunch of Nintendo 64 games.

But add that to the games I've been considering getting....
                                Zelda: Ocarina of Time
                                Starfox 64
                                Mario Kart 64

I'm the one Wii owner in existance who does not like Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I want to try Soul Calibur Legends, EA Playground and Sonic & Mario Olympics. But my local Blockbuster is horrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information