Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am having an argument with someone right now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smokey Joe
    Some of you are mentioning how they can't tell certain information, but I already know that. All I am asking is if they can tell their loved ones...
    No. They are not supposed to. I know a family where the husband and wife used to both work in the CIA. Retired now. Met on the job. Son now works for the CIA. They joke around and laugh that they didn't have anything to talk about at the dinner table... but it's true at the same time.

Comment

Re: I am having an argument with someone right now...

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      Okay, so this person I am having an argument says that all of the CIA is secret and you can not let anyone know. But I say the only people who have to keep their job secret is like to black ops., and agents placed in other countries, etc, and someone like an annalist could tell their family that they are CIA...

So, if anyone has any knowledge on this, that would be great!
      Good question. I would assume everyone would have to keep it a secret for security reasons. If youre a secretary at the CIA and let it be known, youre vulnerable to being kidnapped etc and being tortured for information.
      I am not saying spread it around the whole world, just to your family and close friends...
      Probably only family, thats it. Friends...they could be agents working for another country, you never know when you work in that profession.

Anyone who works in that building is vulnerable to being in danger if the wrong person finds out where they work. Its a security issue. Im pretty sure you would only tell people that must absolutely know like your family, but thats about it. Anyone who has access to the building has to be low key.
      Well, you have to remember that all CIA offices are some of the most protected buildings in all of the world. It would almost be impossible to abduct somebody from an office with all the cameras and security they have. And if someone abducts you not at the CIA place, I am sure if you mis role call or something, they will have someway to find you. Plus, why would someone abduct just an annalist or something? They would hardly know anything important and have a low security clearance.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Some of you are mentioning how they can't tell certain information, but I already know that. All I am asking is if they can tell their loved ones...
        Sure, as long as their loved ones don't snitch. Snitches get stiches nah mean? (ghetto voice)
        Well, I think the minimum sentence for someone illegally leaking information like that is 10 years... so that will help make them keep their mouth shut.

Comment

I always wondered how you become a CIA agent guy to begin with. Or those Mission Impossible type of people, because I'm sure they exist. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan
            I always wondered how you become a CIA agent guy to begin with. Or those Mission Impossible type of people, because I'm sure they exist. . .
            Or else how would stuff get done?

Comment

Originally posted by DLS42
              Or else how would stuff get done?
              Or does anything actually get "done" at all. . . :roll:

Comment

There are a couple of ways I think...
                • You apply for a job as an annalist and if you get the job, you work yourself up
                • You get recruited out of the military or college to work at the CIA
                • You get promoted through the FBI or some sort of government agency

I am sure there are other ways also.

Interesting side not: Jack Bauer was recruited out of the military to the CIA.

Comment

Still.... How would you know if they could tell their loved ones? The loved ones wouldn't know and neither would anyone else. This it that hard to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
                    Still.... How would you know if they could tell their loved ones? The loved ones wouldn't know and neither would anyone else. This it that hard to understand?
                    Retired agents might tell curious family members about it, possibly... or it might be in a CIA websites information page...

Comment

i'll settle it right now

my dad worked intel for Navy, hes an o5 i believe, if you know navy rankings, and he worked for the CIA building in Langley fo rabout 3 years. he talked about it all the time, what he did, and i even went into the building and got to walk around and stuff, met some guy too, went into his office, and my family took a tour of the place

Comment

dont you people know anything - according to the film 'meet the parents' CIA agents have covers like a florist. Now I know its Hollywood but when do they ever get it wrong ?

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

"All I know about the CIA is that they're a bunch of fat, old white guys who fell asleep when we needed them most. " James Clayton in The Recruit.

Comment

I know an FBI agent.

Comment

Alright, I just watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and the answer is no, you can't tell friends or family.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804
                                Alright, I just watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and the answer is no, you can't tell friends or family.
                                they were hitmen... of course you can't tell anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information