Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am having an argument with someone right now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having an argument with someone right now...

Okay, so this person I am having an argument says that all of the CIA is secret and you can not let anyone know. But I say the only people who have to keep their job secret is like to black ops., and agents placed in other countries, etc, and someone like an annalist could tell their family that they are CIA...

So, if anyone has any knowledge on this, that would be great!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Re: I am having an argument with someone right now...

Originally posted by Smokey Joe
    Okay, so this person I am having an argument says that all of the CIA is secret and you can not let anyone know. But I say the only people who have to keep their job secret is like to black ops., and agents placed in other countries, etc, and someone like an annalist could tell their family that they are CIA...

Good question. I would assume everyone would have to keep it a secret for security reasons. If youre a secretary at the CIA and let it be known, youre vulnerable to being kidnapped etc and being tortured for information.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense

Good question. I would assume everyone would have to keep it a secret for security reasons. If youre a secretary at the CIA and let it be known, youre vulnerable to being kidnapped etc and being tortured for information.
      I am not saying spread it around the whole world, just to your family and close friends...

Comment

i am pretty sure njx is a secret agent.

Comment

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

Comment

If I had a nickel for every argument i had...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense

I am not saying spread it around the whole world, just to your family and close friends...
              Probably only family, thats it. Friends...they could be agents working for another country, you never know when you work in that profession.

Anyone who works in that building is vulnerable to being in danger if the wrong person finds out where they work. Its a security issue. Im pretty sure you would only tell people that must absolutely know like your family, but thats about it. Anyone who has access to the building has to be low key.

Comment

My gfs father works for NSA and he has to keep everything about his job completely confidential.

EDIT: NVM I misunderstood the post.

Comment

I'm not sure if he worked for the CIA, but my mom's uncle designed the system that the air force uses for flight simulations and he told me about area 51. Not sure if that helps at all.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

There is a reason why there are security levels and what not in these agencies. Hell I interviewed at the NSA years ago and once you achieve certain security levels there is only so much you can discuss with the outside world.

Besides if you reveal too much you have to go hunting with Dick Cheney... :shock:

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I know a person who knows a person whose mother worked for the equivalent of the CIA in Canada. She is not allowed to tell him what she did, until it is cleared. For that reason, he is actually allowed to carry a concealed weapon in the US, even though he chooses not to

Comment

Just wondering, but assume that it was secret. How would someone be able to tell you what was secret?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819
                          There is a reason why there are security levels and what not in these agencies. Hell I interviewed at the NSA years ago and once you achieve certain security levels there is only so much you can discuss with the outside world.

Besides if you reveal too much you have to go hunting with Dick Cheney... :shock:
                          Are you talking about Fort Meade? They get like different numbered levels. My gfs father works there hes pretty high up.

Comment

Some of you are mentioning how they can't tell certain information, but I already know that. All I am asking is if they can tell their loved ones...

Comment

Some of you are mentioning how they can't tell certain information, but I already know that. All I am asking is if they can tell their loved ones...
                              Sure, as long as their loved ones don't snitch. Snitches get stiches nah mean? (ghetto voice)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information