Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Hates all ESPN's new NASCAR coverage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    Originally posted by Canadian_kid16
    NASCAR is the second most popular sport in the US, so why not tap into the fan base?
    Fixed.
    actually, something like 50-75 MIllion people tune in for a NASCAR race each week, I don't tihnk you can say the same about football?
    Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
    Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
    A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

NASCAR is the second most popular sport in the US, so why not tap into the fan base?
      Fixed.
      actually, something like 50-75 MIllion people tune in for a NASCAR race each week, I don't tihnk you can say the same about football?
      I'm pretty sure you can. I don't really know, though, I just always figured football was first.

I still like NASCAR better anywho.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Fixed.
        given that MNF was on cable this year, it's unlikely. then again, with nascar on cable (i'm assuming ESPN has all the races?), it seems like their ratings will absolutely drop.

regardless, MNF had the highest unofficial cable TV rating ever last year for the giants/cowboys game. at least, according to ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          Fixed.
          given that MNF was on cable this year, it's unlikely. then again, with nascar on cable (i'm assuming ESPN has all the races?), it seems like their ratings will absolutely drop.

regardless, MNF had the highest unofficial cable TV rating ever last year for the giants/cowboys game. at least, according to ESPN.
          Fox has the races up to July, (with FX taking some of those), then TNT has a six race stretch, followed by ABC/ESPN from Indy on.

<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal

Comment

as an addendum, i would be willing to bet that the NFL's regular game casts total over 50-75 million combined. it's not really fair or informative to compare a single event (there aren't 16 races every sunday) to a sport that breaks it's "event" up into several different parts.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
              as an addendum, i would be willing to bet that the NFL's regular game casts total over 50-75 million combined. it's not really fair or informative to compare a single event (there aren't 16 races every sunday) to a sport that breaks it's "event" up into several different parts.
              I would think it kind of balances out, because the NFL covers only September through January, while NASCAR is February through November. Also, you can;t watch more than one game at once.

It's a moot point anyway, the reason ESPN is upping their NASCAR coverage is because they're showing the second half of the races this season, including the Chase.

Comment

I don't really care. I don't like it, but since I don't, I don't watch it. I do like seeing that finish to Daytona though. If every race was like that, I'd probably watch the last five minutes of every race. It's still awfully boring IMO, but if people like it, who really cares?
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I feel sorry for the NHL fans, they don't even have a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                    I feel sorry for the NHL fans, they don't even have a show.
                    Nascar has already passed the NHL.

Comment

i do because its going over the regular espn shows sometimes

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I do....Nascar blows

Comment

You know some people might like stuff that you don't. :roll:

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

I know that NASCAR has lots of popularity, but I didnt like it when it took up other shows time slots. Also on Sports Center when half the show would be about NASCAR. I didnt like any of it

Comment

i would much rather see coverage on soccer than gay nascar

former #1 in post count on this site
                              first to 500 posts

Comment

I dont understand it at all, theres nothing interesting about watching cars go in a circle for 5 hours.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information