Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Hates all ESPN's new NASCAR coverage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Hates all ESPN's new NASCAR coverage?

I do, its stupid theyre encouraging people to feed into this ridiculous "sport" where the most interesting thing is watching cars hit a wall. I am not a fan of NASCAR and if some one could PLEASE explain its appeal id love to hear it.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Who Hates NASCAR?
    Fixed and I do. 8)

Comment

Yeah, it is pretty stupid how they're advertising a product that they spent millions of dollars to broadcast. What are they thinking?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'm a fan and we went into countless discussions about it here. It's something you can't really explain, you either like it or you don't. ESPN2 broadcasts more activities like bass fishing, billiards, bowling (though I do not mind it that much) and darts/poker so I don't see why it's a big deal. It's highly popular, I believe, and ESPN went after it as NBC dropped its deal.
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I'm fairly certain that ESPN (or ABC technically) will be airing nascar this year. So it would certainly make sense for them to try and advertise and boost popularity as much as possible.

Comment

NASCAR always gets huge ratings. I do not like it at all, but the interest, and money, is out there.

Comment

I like the new ESPN coverage.

Comment

i didnt mind it but once it replace Around The Horn & PTI (for one day) I was pissed

Comment

*shrug* if they're going to play idiotic things like billiards, golf and poker, they might as well add another non-sport to the mix. yet another reason to never tune in.

Comment

NASCAR is the most popular sport in the US, so why not tap into the fan base?
                    Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                    Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                    Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                    A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58
                      i didnt mind it but once it replace Around The Horn & PTI (for one day) I was pissed
                      PTI's on ESPN at 5:30, and ESPN2 at 6:30. You should only be missing the second one.

I, for one, love it. Even if it is not very good, it's nice to see them give the sport some airtime. The reason they're doing it is because they're covering half the races this year.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_kid16
                        NASCAR is the second most popular sport in the US, so why not tap into the fan base?
                        Fixed.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I at least appreciate (and find it funny) that they aren't trying to fool themselves and promote the sport as ethically diverse: everyone in the "It's the life" commercials is white...

Comment

i've never watched nascar but i've seen nascar now re-runs at 2 am and its actually not bad.

Comment

I do!!!

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information