No announcement yet.

Man gets tazered over speeding ticket.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at about 2:28 does anybody know what the guy said and what he was pointing at? Yes the cop didnt need to use the taser but it seemed like the guy was walking into his car if you ask me.

Comment

That cop should be tazered on the nuts.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I'm ussually on the side of the cops, but in this case, I think it was unneccessary.

Plus he tazed him very close to lane of the highway. The guy could've fallen in the way of the incoming car and be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
          There is a higher risk of serious injury when trying to physically restrain someone. The cops in the UF case were entirely justified. In fact, once the cameras were off the guy who got tased told the cops he wasn't mad at them, they were only doing their job.
          That guy was not showing signs of aggression towards the officer. He did nothing to make me believe that he would have physically assaulted the officer.

Tazing somebody can be lethal. It happens all the time.

Comment

what kind of idiot comes flying out of his car at a cop with his back turned anyways? That's why he pulled out the tazer to begin with, yes he should have stopped once he noticed the man wasn't threatening, but the guy was a complete moron, and he did have his hand in his pocket. If you just comply with police and not try to win small battles like " I'm not going to sign the ticket" then you don't end up in theses situations. I'm surprised his idiot wife didn't get tazed either trying to run out and see what happend, that totally put the cop in defense mode. She also wouldn't listen, what a bunch of idiots.

Comment

I could go either way.

What should the cop have done? Let the guy walk away from him? no, but if I was the cop I woulda just walked after and maybe handcuffed him. Not tase him 2 feet from the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                what kind of idiot comes flying out of his car at a cop with his back turned anyways? That's why he pulled out the tazer to begin with, yes he should have stopped once he noticed the man wasn't threatening, but the guy was a complete moron, and he did have his hand in his pocket. If you just comply with police and not try to win small battles like " I'm not going to sign the ticket" then you don't end up in theses situations. I'm surprised his idiot wife didn't get tazed either trying to run out and see what happend, that totally put the cop in defense mode. She also wouldn't listen, what a bunch of idiots.
                The cop asked him to come out of the car. He complied. Show me where his hands were in his pockets or he showed threatening behavior of any kind?

His wife was pregnant by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                  I could go either way.

What should the cop have done? Let the guy walk away from him? no, but if I was the cop I woulda just walked after and maybe handcuffed him. Not tase him 2 feet from the highway.
                  I agree. That guy was sort of an idiot for just jumping out of the car all of a sudden, but the tazer really is an overused option. He shuold have gone up to the guy and just handcuffed him.

What I don't understand is that if he had to use enough force as to taze him, why didn't his partner come out and just help restrain the guy. They could have just both handcuffed him instead.

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                    The cop asked him to come out of the car. He complied. Show me where his hands were in his pockets or he showed threatening behavior of any kind?

Oh, that justifies him acting like a ******* dumbass.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

when most people comply they step out of the vehicle slowly, they dont jog over to a cop who has his back turned waiving their arms in the air. I said the tazer was a bit much, but he did put the cop in a comprimising position with his actions, and just go up to your pics, when the guy is turning away his hand is about to go in his pocket, the cop doesn't know if he has a gun or what. His wife's pregnancy has nothin to do with anything, it just something brought up to try and tug some heart strings, neither the idiot or his wife were acting rationally. Why couldn't of the guy just said thank you sir and disputed the ticket in court? Instead he tries for a little moral victory and got himself tazed.

Comment

what was this guy thinking just turning away to walk back in the car? Yes the tazer was to much but you dont do that to a cop unless the conversation is over.

Comment

Well, the biggest problem is that the cop never explained to him that signing a ticket is not a compliance of guilt, it's just saying you will appear in court. It's very clear that the guy doesn't know that, or he wouldn't have argued as much. It was also clearly a blind ticket, with no radar, and you are within your rights to ask to see the radar gun.

The guy was a little over-zealous, but that cap was INCREDIBLY poorly trained, and it is HIS responsibility and JOB, not the citizen's, to handle the situation responsibly.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Well, the biggest problem is that the cop never explained to him that signing a ticket is not a compliance of guilt, it's just saying you will appear in court. It's very clear that the guy doesn't know that, or he wouldn't have argued as much. It was also clearly a blind ticket, with no radar, and you are within your rights to ask to see the radar gun.

The guy was a little over-zealous, but that cap was INCREDIBLY poorly trained, and it is HIS responsibility and JOB, not the citizen's, to handle the situation responsibly.
                            Wow, we agree on something. Will wonders never cease.

I just don't see how using potential lethal force on somebody is justified in this case. What would the cop do before tazers? I can guarantee you he's not drawing his gun and firing a few rounds in this guy's back.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

a radar gun is not required for a speeding citation to be issued. A cop's estimation of speed is considered as accurate in the court of law as a radar gun. I found this out the hard way when trying to dispute my excessive speeding ticket. I looked down as was doing less than 20 over the speed limit like 61 in a 45 and the officer estimated I was doing 65 +. The judge ruled in favor of the officer and I was cited for speeding in excess.

Comment

That guy was not showing signs of aggression towards the officer. He did nothing to make me believe that he would have physically assaulted the officer.

Tazing somebody can be lethal. It happens all the time.
                                If even the guy thought it was the right thing to do, how can you say it was wrong? Tazing is generally safer for all involved than physically restraining. He was flailing his arms around, and refusing to obey the officers command. The video also didn't show what happened before to cause him to get thrown out. He was being very disruptive and made what could be perceived as a threatening motion towards Kerry. The police were entirely justified at UF, here, the cop was just on a power trip.
                                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information